Little carnage to start off my sn95 endeavor

Fireman450

Reaction score
New to the sn95 crowd. The fiancé is nuts over mustangs so I found one a 94. Supposedly a fresh engine, trans and rear end. .. originally a v6 5 spd car converted to a V8 (poorly I have now found out)
Anyways long story short got a call the night before I was to pick it up.. the PO said something was wrong and suspected a blown HG. I'm a mechanic so I said no big deal. He knocked alot off the asking price for my trouble. (Thankfully)
Anyways trailered it home went to unload it and get it in the shop. Turned over about 3 times and BOOM.. pushed it in the shop and tore it down.. here are my findings.. good news is HGs were fine.. bad news is.. well here..

All intake pushrods were bent. Rockers broken of course the new addition to #2 piston.. guess it jumped time not 100% sure..
Anyways have already located a replacement engine with the amount of work already done and broken in.
So anyways. I'm off to a good start eh lol

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
First off welcome!! Good luck with the rebuild, keep us posted with your progress.

OP
OP
Fireman450

Fireman450

Reaction score
Yeah found another long block with Edelbrock aluminum heads, trick flow stage 1 cam. Roller rockers and forged internals. Now just have to find injectors to match what I'm getting. Will 24# be enough? Not planning to go FI anytime soon.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
New to the sn95 crowd. The fiancé is nuts over mustangs so I found one a 94. Supposedly a fresh engine, trans and rear end. .. originally a v6 5 spd car converted to a V8 (poorly I have now found out)
Anyways long story short got a call the night before I was to pick it up.. the PO said something was wrong and suspected a blown HG. I'm a mechanic so I said no big deal. He knocked alot off the asking price for my trouble. (Thankfully)
Anyways trailered it home went to unload it and get it in the shop. Turned over about 3 times and BOOM.. pushed it in the shop and tore it down.. here are my findings.. good news is HGs were fine.. bad news is.. well here..

All intake pushrods were bent. Rockers broken of course the new addition to #2 piston.. guess it jumped time not 100% sure..
Anyways have already located a replacement engine with the amount of work already done and broken in.
So anyways. I'm off to a good start eh lol

Were they the eddlebrock E-streets?

Don't Sext and Drive.

OP
OP
Fireman450

Fireman450

Reaction score
I think so.. I've also tossed around the idea of carburating it. Probably be more cost effective after adding up the cost of parts and tuning. Going to be a street/strip car.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There's been a lot of debate both ways but it's generally much better to keep a car injected, more reliable, etc. Albeit, if not tuning yourself I do see the advantage to a carb on test n tune nights if the computer is something you aren't comfortable with. But the transition over is a bit of a pain.

Either way sounds like a pretty sweet setup, I imagine the 24 would be perfectly fine

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
are you missing pieces for the harness/computer? I can understand the simplicity of carbing it but it always seems easy but I would always be wondering aobut injection.

OP
OP
Fireman450

Fireman450

Reaction score
I see 100% tomorrow what the heads are. Thanks for the heads up (no pun intended lol)

All my injection is complete. Just have to find some 24# injectors. compatible MAF and get it tuned.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
You don't HAVE to get a new MAF since your getting it tuned anyway.
The 94/95 cobra uses the same MAF as the GT but does use 24# injectors. The adjustment is made in the computer.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Momentary thread hijack for a second?

Hey CC's 95GT I see your mods & I am identical except for the headers & I went Magnapacks! Did you ever get a HP output of yours?

Back to the OP's thread!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Momentary thread hijack for a second?

Hey CC's 95GT I see your mods & I am identical except for the headers & I went Magnapacks! Did you ever get a HP output of yours?

Back to the OP's thread!
NO Not yet. Im a big procrastinator.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Me too I guess, LOL, I am waiting to install the 95 Cobra intake & E cam first on mine plus the supporting mods. Thanks though

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You don't HAVE to get a new MAF since your getting it tuned anyway.
The 94/95 cobra uses the same MAF as the GT but does use 24# injectors. The adjustment is made in the computer.

Seems like the past 2 monts EVERYONE is getting weighted maf's or thinking they have one or need one. We need someone to make a sticky about them to explain it.

Addermk2

Reaction score
OP.... swap in a 351w. You'll be glad you did.

OP
OP
Fireman450

Fireman450

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 306. Edelbrock performer heads. Trick flow stage 1 cam, 1.6 roller rockers. Forged internals. Think it'll be a good start to build off of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online