Livernois kit is now in and!!!!!

313blkstang

Reaction score
I really feel the difference!!!! Especially when in the upper RPM's it pulls much harder now... Only thing is I'm still not feeling all my power because back in the summer I ran over a brick going about 60mph and it basically crushed my drivers side exhaust pipe so my baby is still not breathing fully.. OFF ROAD H PIPE next!!!! Then PI cams and 4.10's with a good Livernois tune!!!! I still can't believe each tune is $500 a pop.. jeez...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice addition, why is each tune $500 a shot? The first tune is expensive because you have to pay for a chip or handheld tuner but after that you own the chip/tuner and a retune will just be based on how long you are on the dyno...usually @ $100 an hour so retunes usually run like $150.

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
Dunno but I had read what you said on here before so when I was speaking with the manager I casually inquired about tunes seeing as how they kept trying to convince me that I needed one asap due to the new intake.. I said "so the tune is $500 right?" and he said yes.. then I said well I'm gonna hold off until I get the cams, gear and H Pipe put in and get it tuned then" and he said that was smart cuz every tune is $500... I was like wowwwwwwww... I'm actually tempted to leave work early so I can go drive my car lol... Can't wait for the cams!!!!!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have fun with it and go somewhere else for a tune, sounds like they are trying to rip you off.

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
Thanks bro... I'll have to research some other places around here (Metro Detroit) because they are the only one's I know offhand..

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
awesome to know! I can't wait to get me one ! nice looking car btw

gt96stang

Reaction score
Congrats.. Now i can't wait to get my pi intake installed either..

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
thanks fam!!!!! I think I'm gonna order the VT Stage 1 cams instead of the PI's though. The VT site said they provide a 25-30rwhp boost... They cost more but I want that power lol.... With my current setup plus the cams and H Pipe what do you estimate I'll make at the rear wheels with a good tune? I have a bad feeling that my custom interior plans are gonna get overtaken by the engine mod bug I'm catching lol..

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
id say youd be 250-270ish range
I just drooled a lil bit.. sorry bout that lol... those are nice numbers for me anyway.... oh well so much for the black leather with tan ostrich skin insert seats...

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
oh yeah...droptops right, they dont...you'll have to look into crower or comp

S

scarface

good deal! you dont need a tune for the Kit...they are trying to get your loot

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
VT doesn't make a cam for NPI heads.

They don't? damn... well off to comp's website real quick... thanks for the info.. I swear this is the most helpful 'Stang site I've ever joined... you guys are great

ripper

Reaction score
Were do you get your tunes DTP? Outragous? My guy charges me 300 every time i get it done. WTF? Lorracas is the same.

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
Haven't had one done yet at all.. But I was at Livernois motorsports getting the intake work done and that's where the quote came from.. I wonder if they tune it on the dyno and that's why the price is so high? Calling them now... answer in a minute...

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
yep he said it's a full dyno tune... now my question is this... do all shops tune it on the dyno? lol I'm a lil new to this tune stuff...

S

scarface

you dont have any mods that would require a tune...please dont waste your money.

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
scarface said:
you dont have any mods that would require a tune...please dont waste your money.
thats why I told them I was gonna get a tune after my gear/cam install my friend... thanks for looking out though!!! :drunk:

S

scarface

shhhhhewwww....I thought you were going to give them all that extra mod money. I didnt need a tune till my cams went in..then things got a lil messed up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online