Livernois Motorsports PI Adapter Kit question

313blkstang

Reaction score
when I was on the telephone with them inquiring about the kit, they were really stressing that I should get a tune when I put it on asap. Is this needed asap? I wanted to get the tune after I put the cams and gears (4.10) in. I mean it's $500 a pop so I'd prefer to do it once.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
What about the PI Heads? Are you doing a full PI Swap or just the intake and cams?

S

scarface

you dont need a tune. You can see bennifits by doing a tune, but it isnt required.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I had the Livernois PI intake on my car and my mustang ran just
fine without a tune so,you don't really NEED to get a tune but,it
would help though.Don't listen to those people at Livernois because
they are just trying to sell you something.Also the PI intake will make
more of a difference in power than installing cams.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah you don't need a tune but it will help some, and it won't cost you $500 everytime you get a dyno tune, usually just the first time...after that it is just tweaking your file that they have stored and you just pay by the hour which is like $100-$175 hr.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah i put on a PI intake on non PI heads and didnt get a tune and it was fine. Can deff. feel the pull after 4500. My exhaust sound changed. I think it got quieter. Only problem I have is sometimes it will flood. That and it idles a lot lower too even after like a month of having it installed.

Daywalker

Reaction score
Wow, this is good to know. I've got the Livernois kit and PI cams sittin in my garage waiting to go in. All I'm waiting on is the valve covers, and off to the shop she goes. Think I'll need a tune with the intake kit AND PI cams? :help2:

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! All of you have been extremely helpful with this!!! :drunk:first rounds on me!!!

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
Question.. I can rent the fuel line disconnect tool at autozone right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online