Livernois PI intake Kit

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i'm going to be a little biased because im ordering that kit within a month or two...but i definately say go with it. I heard of guys putting a PI intake on our non pi heads by using some kind of sealant and they dont have problems. but im more of a guy for doing things the right way, and that is why im getting the kit. yes, it is pricey. but i feel more comfortable getting the adaptor plates that are supposed to go with the kit. just my .02

kennyz

Reaction score
I just recently did the swap to may car from Livernois. Is the kit worth 500.00 not really but I just could not get my self to relay on RTV to hold it together. But doing the intake swap is worth it but you really don’t need the kit.

4wd8.jpg

6fo4.jpg

OP
OP
N

NORTON98

Reaction score
Nice pics...

Ya I like the idea of doing the swap. I guess they just charge alot for the adaptor plates...I would probably have it installed, how long do you guys think this takes for a skilled mechanic to do it?

Also I have a few warranty issues, do you think that because its a stock part I might be able to get away with not voiding the warranty?

OP
OP
N

NORTON98

Reaction score
If i have to i might go under the "radar" as they say to do this mod.

im only 16 and the car broker talked my mother into a GE warranty. Luckily I am able to have certain mods exhuast,gears, w/e.

kennyz

Reaction score
I think you would be fine I worked at a dealer ship for 3 years and I never saw anyone get turned down on warranty work and I saw some fucked up things come in. plus it is a stock part.

OP
OP
N

NORTON98

Reaction score
Ok...well that would be the Ford warranty does anybody know anything about the GE warranty?

Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
N

NORTON98

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the adaptor plates and know if they really do help?

Thanks,
Mike

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
NORTON98 said:
Does anybody have any experience with the adaptor plates and know if they really do help?

Thanks,
Mike

i used a set of plates i bought from united majority and they worked well. The guy doesn't make them anymore and i sold them when i picked up my VT heads...i wish i still had them now because i would have about 100 sets made up and sell them.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
i had that exact kit on my 98 and could feel a nice gain after it was installed. My final dyno numbers on that car was 238hp with my aode in it.

OP
OP
N

NORTON98

Reaction score
Ya im probably going to get this kit and have a Tune...You guys think ill notice the difference with the swap and a Tune with a handheld on the dyno. I havnt had it tuned b4.

Thanks,
Mike

Whitepony

Reaction score
So after you installed the kit, did you feel a big diffrence? also, what other mods does your stang have horsepower wise?

i want this kit and im not willing to blow all my money on a full head swap, i figured 300rwhp is plenty to play with and with this airflow boost the other bolt ons should become more worthy right?

my engine is basically stock

OP
OP
N

NORTON98

Reaction score
I ordered the Kit today so ill let you know when it get installed...

NERD

Reaction score
NO it's not worth it!!!!! stay away from that... Just use RTV and PI gaskets. It will hold everytime just wait for the RTV to get tacky before you put the intake on. then torque it down after about a half hour. Oh and the coolant tube, just buy regular coolant hose, nothing special

Mike

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
sxynerd said:
NO it's not worth it!!!!! stay away from that... Just use RTV and PI gaskets. It will hold everytime just wait for the RTV to get tacky before you put the intake on. then torque it down after about a half hour. Oh and the coolant tube, just buy regular coolant hose, nothing special

Mike

I have debated this with other members before, its just a matter of personal taste, I like my work to be neat clean and proper. Even though it may work and be " OK" to use the silicone and PI gaskets its still not a perfect install like you would get using the adapter plates. But to each his own ;D

OP
OP
N

NORTON98

Reaction score
Its only 200 bucks thats being spent towards better quality...

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the adapter plates and the regular pi intake will fit under the stock hood? The livirnois kit says it has a "modified" intake. Thanks

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ROB 98GT said:
Does anybody know if the adapter plates and the regular pi intake will fit under the stock hood? The livirnois kit says it has a "modified" intake. Thanks

im not sure about that, when I got mine put on I already had a cowl hood so clearance was not a issue for me. I do know the intake had been cut on a little bit ................so :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online