LMR cobra brake kit reviews?

Reaction score
The brakes on this thing are shite, I see lots of people go for the Cobra upgrade - is the kit from LMR any good? $460 and looks like it includes everything for the front but doesn’t list the pads - I suppose I should select my own anyways

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I bought that kit years ago for my GT. I switched it over to the Cobra 3 years ago when I got it. I am about to get new front pads because they make alot of dust. Brakes are great and stop well.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its a good kit. You can find them for cheaper by piecing it together if your not in a hurry and want to save some cash.

OP
OP

Reaction score
Piece it together with all new parts? Or do you mean find some used ones floating around?

PinkieT

Reaction score
All new parts. Try Rock Auto, for one. They have everything for your front brakes. For that matter, since all you need are the calipers, pads, rotors, and hoses, any parts store should be able to supply you. Be warned - it costs more to convert the rears to Cobra spec brakes. The calipers are the same as on the GT and the rotors and hoses are no problem, but the mounting plates and anti-moan brackets required are PRICEY!

If your brakes suck, have you thought of a good set of drilled/slotted rotors and pads, front and rear? You wouldn't need new hoses, though that might help too.https://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-brake-pads-rotor-kits-9498.html

Last edited:
OP
OP

Reaction score
I ended up ordering that LMR kit which I admit was kind of stupid seeing as I want ss braided lines and better pads. I always impulse purchase.

trebor3170

Reaction score
Honestly, you could have saved a few bucks on Rock Auto, got the pads you wanted, and braided lines to boot. Anyway, the LMR kit is fine, just remember, you need to get the banjo bolts as separate parts, if I remember right, the GT calipers are course thread, and Cobras are fine.

BigBore96

Reaction score
Honestly, you could have saved a few bucks on Rock Auto, got the pads you wanted, and braided lines to boot. Anyway, the LMR kit is fine, just remember, you need to get the banjo bolts as separate parts, if I remember right, the GT calipers are course thread, and Cobras are fine.

You can't go wrong with the lmr kit. You'll love it. Night and day difference over the gts.

Depending on the caliper design year it could be either fine or course. I pieced together a kit for my cobra this past year as I sold the originals a while back with different plans that fell through.

Replaced all 4 calipers, drilled slotted rotors, and ceramic pads for less than 500.

Last edited:

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No..this is impulsive.
IMG_1448-D.jpg

trebor3170

Reaction score
OLD H2S = OLD Hydrogen Sulfide = OLD FART! Hey I'm kinda slow sometimes.

I assume you are talking about the blue car, the picture's not too clear, but it looks to me like you have front brakes (Cobra, maybe) on the rear?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Is that your car running the s197 calipers you adapted? If so thats pretty badass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Reaction score
No..this is impulsive.
IMG_1448-D.jpg
I was driving down the road and saw a nice new edge vert with a nice exhaust that sounded so good and was like “I need that car.” So I bought it. Is that impulse purchase enough?

OP
OP

Reaction score
I’ll actually be doing some of that with this as well but my main drift car is an LS powered e46 bmw vert. Yes I love verts. Own 3 right now hahaha