locking lugnuts?

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
I have gorilla locking lugnuts on all my wheels. Not going to stop someone, but it'll make it take an extra minute lol.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
unless you live in a really high crime area there's not much sense in locking lug nuts and even if you do live in a high crime area they are probably just going to take the whole car anyway

98GTnSC

Reaction score
yeh. i bought my car and whoever had it b4 apparently didnt leave the key 4 the locking lugs in the car newhere. me n my gpa took mayb an extra minute or 2 @ THE MOST on each wheel after we knew wut we had 2 do 4 the first 1. so yeh if they want them off theyr coming off! sounds like a good business 4 me n my gpa 2 go n! jk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cntchds

Reaction score
I bought mine simply because it was cheaper at Kragen to buy a set of 16 regular and 4 locking lug nuts than it is to buy them individually and get burned on the price. I think they look fine, and like any lock, it's only there to keep honest people honest.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
cntchds said:
I bought mine simply because it was cheaper at Kragen to buy a set of 16 regular and 4 locking lug nuts than it is to buy them individually and get burned on the price. I think they look fine, and like any lock, it's only there to keep honest people honest.

Its not the honest people you have to worry about, if someone really wants them it does not matter if there are locking lug nuts or not.

Every burglar knows that every door in a house has a lock on it, and if it is locked they find another way in

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
scarface said:
I wouldnt get them myself, but I dont live in an area where I would worry about my wheels being stolen?
Venom351R said:
unless you live in a really high crime area there's not much sense in locking lug nuts and even if you do live in a high crime area they are probably just going to take the whole car anyway

You guys apparently dont realize that crooks travel, and the smart ones tend not to steal near their "hood" I have heard of so many car vandals/thieves in upper middle class suburban neighbors... ...mostly because due to to the low crime rate, small crime tends to get noticed more. 30% of the wheel thefts tend to be local kids... ...some even who are on the national honor society... ...the other 70% travels there

Venom351R said:
Its not the honest people you have to worry about, if someone really wants them it does not matter if there are locking lug nuts or not.

Every burglar knows that every door in a house has a lock on it, and if it is locked they find another way in

That is very true... ...there are only so many combinations. the key to my husbands neon, also works with his old RX7 and capri. Also, you can always drill the lug nuts off, as direcount tire has done for me many times. The idea of the locks is a theft deterrent. Think about it, you already have plans to steal wheels, thers a car with locks and a car without. What would you pick. Same thing with the house, you have a house with locks, a security system which they proudly advertise and floodlights everywhere... ...their next door neighbor just has locks... ...They could still try to break into the other house, but the chances are very unlikely as most thefts are random, and not scoped out days before.

I have an alarm system in my car, and either hide everything of value, or take it with me. People think Im crazy because I dont put my top up. It is their very reason that I dont. Why? Because even though I think there is absolutely no reason that anyone would want to break into my car, I also know that there are a lot of morons out there that have absolutely no common sense. Meaning that if someone were to break into my car, theyd probably break a window, find nothing of value, then leave. Now, on top of all this, on my other car (also a convertible) I dont even lock it. Technically some moron could still BREAK in through the windshield, even with it unlocked, top down and windows down... ...they could still do this. There are just some things youd have to live with, the rest you can just deter. And just remember... ...they can always tow away your vehicle and strip it. Doesnt matter what steps you take

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online