lol a coil

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Well I might have found the cause to a couple problems tonight. My car has been getting horrible gas mileage, it has been idling ROUGH, and tonight after I got home and was about to go back out my car started up and there was a very loud clicking noise. Well I told my father and by that time it was 9 pm. At first we thought the clicking was a lifter tapping but the oil was fine. We turned it on and off a few times and the clicking stop. My father decided to check the coil, so we covered the hood light and and that coil was arcing like a mofo. And you could even see the burn marks. The previous owner had put a msd blaster coil and i guess its time was due. Gotta go out tomorrow and buy a new one. Bleh what should it even cost?

916_5.0

Reaction score
For just a plain coil from a kragen or something you can get it for probably 20-40 bucks (there will probably be a couple of options). If you want to run a blaster coil from MSD i think summit sells them for like 60 bucks or so.

Insayne

Reaction score
dude oreillys formerly kragen out here on the west coast has the msd blaster tfi coils for roughly 40

Mntlkase

Reaction score
auto-zone : 39.99, and O'Reilly's is 38.99. I bought a msd blaster coil today. these prices are in new orleans ( gulf coast )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.