Lol. This car can burn in you know where

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Last year when I had to replace the heads on my car svt slobra and I had a hell of a time trying to get the ****in crank bolt in because one of the previous 8 owners messed with it and stripped some threads out.

Well today I went to replace the leaking front main (yeah the one thing I overlooked when I had everything apart) and guess what? That issue got amplified. Even with a brand new ARP bolt I couldn't get it to grab. It just wouldn't do it. Finally after decreasing the washer size dramatically I got it to grab. Problem is the washer that allowed the bolt to grab was so thin that it warped under load. I don't trust it. So pretty much I'm kinda ****ed. The amount of useable threads left is so minimal that it's just not safe. Shoulda lit the match awhile ago. This car keeps on burning my pockets. Time for more sitting, season probably just ended early for me. O well.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
The sooner you start going at it to fix the situation the sooner you will feel better about everything. You kinda have to just go for it.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I think its time to buy a 94-98 and call it a day :cool:

J/K.. get her fixed bro.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
$$$$$$$ That's all I see when I look at this car. It's been a lemon since the first few months I bought it. I'd love to drop a Terminator lower end in it, and I realize now is the time to do it since the crank is ****ed, but I just can't afford this game anymore. Gotta pay to play, and I just can't do it right now

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Who said you have to right now bud? Assuming it's paid for?, just put it on the back burner til you get to a place financially where you can work on it. I sure hate it for you though man. Just don't give up on it completely man.

RichV

Reaction score
Been there many times. Instant reaction is 'sell this POS', but take a step back, and get a plan.

A crank is a PITA due to all the work you gotta do just to get to it. But it can be knocked out in a weekend, no reason to throw in the towel.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I hear ya brother, been tossing the idea around myself a bit. My woman talked some sense into me, u gotta realize how many issues you have already tackled, then realize that as soon as you sell it you will be looking for another stang. The new stang may be better, but you could end up in the same boat doing the same things you did on the last car over again. It helps to have a dd and time to accumulate funds, but it's always something with a used car

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
take a step back. Breath in, breath out. In.............. out............... ah hell go smoke a joint...

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I had already decided later that night that I would eventually fix it. I'm way too far into this thing to sell it. And Iz you're dead on with that botha. As much shit as I've busted and replaced on this piece I have to finish it now.
Caleb yeah it's been paid off since a week after I bought it, back in '12.

Rich the amount of times I've threatened to sell it is inhumane lol. But nonetheless, here I am still with it.

Plan is: try longer bolt with the washer from the ARP and see if I can make it grab. If so I'm golden. If not, I'm yanking the *****. I'm not going to put in another stock lower end if I have to pull it a termi lower end is going in and a possible 4v swap OR ported 2v heads since I love the ease of my 2v and overall cheaper parts.

But before I can do any of that I have to weld in some c channel on my jeep and re attach the transmission. And someone backed into my grand am Friday night or Saturday morning so I have to ghetto rig it together if I can't get the top finished today on my sisters vert. OOO and my walls are leaking water because of pipe work by the bath tub faucet leaking. Look... I know "everything happens for a reason" but come on... This is ****ing insane.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a lot stacked against you right now, brother. Hang in there.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Haha Chris of all people I know you definitely get it brotha.

And I think I'll get mine ported, unless you want some PI heads with some cash. Then we can talk if my motor has to get ripped out

cameron57

Reaction score
See if they make a heilcoil or timezert for it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm doing the best I can with what I have. I'm going to do the bolt this weekend most likely and see if I can make something happen. Just have too much shit going on right now.

As for the helicoil I just don't know if I trust on on the crank, but my dad did suggest the same thing..

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I'm doing the best I can with what I have. I'm going to do the bolt this weekend most likely and see if I can make something happen. Just have too much shit going on right now.

As for the helicoil I just don't know if I trust on on the crank, but my dad did suggest the same thing..

You'll get it man! It'll get done. Don't worry.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
You'll get it man! It'll get done. Don't worry.

Thanks brotha I'll do my best. Hope I can get it running by this weekend. My fingers will be crossed that a longer bolt does the trick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online