Long time lurker but just signed up

Lanter

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm from Indiana and have been a part of the mustang community for about a decade. Also been a member over on SVTP for some time but decided to try and get more involved with the sn specific forums. I am in the middle of a build on my '98 cobra that is quickly approaching two years, I am a relatively recent graduate of Purdue University and now a combustion's engineer, which partially explains the long project time line. I don't have any pictures of the car together but several of it in it's current state. Feel free to critique the car as I am always open to suggestions to make it nicer or more unique (a hard task for mustangs).

I will eventually make a build thread but for now these pictures will have to do.

IMG_0286_Copy.jpg

IMG_1308_Copy.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_0172_Copy.jpg

IMG_1206_Copy.jpg

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you.

Looks like an interesting project. Combustion engineer sounds interesting! I'm about to finish my mechanical engineering technology program. Started in the degree, but switch to tech to be more hands on.

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you.

Looks like an interesting project. Combustion engineer sounds interesting! I'm about to finish my mechanical engineering technology program. Started in the degree, but switch to tech to be more hands on.

The combustion side is interesting to say the least, or at least it is to me. I gave serious thought to switching to the tech program at Purdue. Most of my friends did citing the desire to be more hands on as well. In industry it seems to hold true as 80% of my work is computer based while the MET's I work with are the ones that actually run the test cells and put the engines back together after we break them.

Love what you've done with your '94. Never see a well cared for sixer running around so that's a nice change. It also wears the orange really well!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it required a lot of thought to do the switch. Very happy I did it, love the MET program. Even though I did alright in my first year degree, the tech program is much more suited to my learning and interest.

I'm specializing in MET design & analysis. So ive taken heavy thermo and machine design classes. The combustion stream is definitely interesting! I'd eventually like to take more materials classes in the future. my summer job required a lot of computer work, I've used solidworks far too much in the last few years haha

Thank you for the kind words.

Make sure to create a build thread and keep us posted on your project.

myk

Reaction score
Love the SN Cobra's. I'm looking forward to your project's progress as well as you finishing your studies...

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
Greetings. Like the project. Looks ambitious. Can't wait to see the finished product.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Welcome home and cool project! Im curious to know what you did to the chambers on them B heads.

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

Welcome home and cool project! Im curious to know what you did to the chambers on them B heads.

I had a pretty aggressive bowl port done on the heads, but that's about it. Of course they got stainless steel valves and springs but the b heads actually have a relatively large runner volume and flow surprisingly well under pressure. The problem with the heads NA is the large runner volume and a near 90 degree bend into the combustion camber. I can only assume this was put in for enhancing turbulence as the charge goes into the combustion chamber but with such a large intake port area and volume the heads need to be operating at 7000+ rpm or boosted to truly make use of their design.

kb1982

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Looks like a nice build going on. I actually read an article on the different heads for the 4.6 yesterday. Im 4.6 illiterate, so I was just browsing info. Anyways.....The article I read from MM&FF stated the B heads were actually the best flowing heads for forced induction setups. Be sure to keep us updated on your build. And we love lots of photos!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online