Long Tube Headers

sanitarium16

Reaction score
Thinking of getting MAC Long tube headers for my car. I have an auto. Mods listed in sig. How much HP am i lookin at? Is it worth it? For those with long tubes how does the car feel now?

Adam

Reaction score
Its not the hp you'll notice, its the torque. Peak to peak won't be much, but we just dynoed a 99 gt and it picked up 20-32rwtq across the board. The peak to peak was only about 7-8hp and 11rwtq. The rest of the powerband looked really nice though. For example it picked up 32rwtq right around 3400rpm I believe.

jpajkos

Reaction score
well before my long tubes I wheeled at 253 rwhp... After my kooks long tubes... I dynoed 278.... I think there well worth it.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I just put a set of BBK's on my buddies car yesterday.. Fit and finish was 100000 times better than the macs i installed a few weeks ago. Sounds great, and he says the car has noticeably more torque and power, and seems to ride much much smoother and w/o near the drone he used to have.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Only thing that scares me is the ground clearance or else i would be all over the Kooks.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had Mac longs on my 98 auto GT and they were worth every penny,...........worth it on the install too

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
JD98GT said:
Can you install longtubes without pulling the engine?

yes, mine were put in with the engine still in the car. My K member was pulled out of the car to make the room that is required to do the job ( to make it as easy as possible ) I have heard you dont even have to do that, but my shop owner prefers to do it this way since it makes it easier.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Only thing that scares me is the ground clearance or else i would be all over the Kooks.

The BBK longtubes + O/R h pipe GAINED ground clearance in regards to the mac prochamber and stock manifolds.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
DropTopPony said:

The BBK longtubes + O/R h pipe GAINED ground clearance in regards to the mac prochamber and stock manifolds.

Interesting, if you could snap a pic or 2 of the clearance i would be greatly appreciative :)

My Dynomax shorties and Bassani X have decent clearance but the X does hang kinda low.
I would really love a Kooks LT/mid pipe combo but my car is really low and i'd hate to mess up a $1500 header setup.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Thomas_W said:
DropTopPony said:

Interesting, if you could snap a pic or 2 of the clearance i would be greatly appreciative :)

My Dynomax shorties and Bassani X have decent clearance but the X does hang kinda low.
I would really love a Kooks LT/mid pipe combo but my car is really low and i'd hate to mess up a $1500 header setup.

you could always put those 4x4 springs back on it :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online