Long tubes for 98gt Auto?

dutman98

Reaction score
Hello everyone......i'm new to this site, and i am glad to find a forum for our cars!!! Just wanted to find out what companys make long tubes for a AUTO 98GT.(ceramic coated) I've tryed and tryed to search this but had no luck finding any answers. Any help would be awesome. My future Plans for my car are PI headswap, p&p heads, aftermarket PI cams, stall maybee a 3000, some stickytires and a healthy shot of nitrous(100hp) or more depending on the tune. Any one know of a good tuner in the Iowa area.

Rantheman

Reaction score
First of all I will say welcome to the sn95 forum you can go introduce yourself in the introduction area. I believe most LT headers will fit your auto with no problems bbk,mac, and flowtech sell good long tubed headers. if you check out summit racing flowtech long tubed headers come in either ceramic or black they come with 3 bolt collectors o2 extensions gaskets all bolts and you can buy a corrasponding mid pipe to bolt directly in. bbk and mac are both good products too. good luck :dancing6:

Stangman98

Reaction score
Hooker headers
or try Kooks
As far as a tuner let me talk to Adam Smith of Modular Misfits. He lives in Clarence and I am sure he may know someone local

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Rantheman said:
First of all I will say welcome to the sn95 forum you can go introduce yourself in the introduction area. I believe most LT headers will fit your auto with no problems bbk,mac, and flowtech sell good long tubed headers. if you check out summit racing flowtech long tubed headers come in either ceramic or black they come with 3 bolt collectors o2 extensions gaskets all bolts and you can buy a corrasponding mid pipe to bolt directly in. bbk and mac are both good products too. good luck :dancing6:

I have been told bbk LT's will not work with the auto. Flowtechs look like a good deal. It says that they recommend using a flotech mid pipe. Im kinda set on a mac prochamber o/r h. does it matter?

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Stangman98 said:
Hooker headers
or try Kooks
As far as a tuner let me talk to Adam Smith of Modular Misfits. He lives in Clarence and I am sure he may know someone local

Hookers are like $850 on summits site and kooks are cheap. Cool thanks that would be sweet if I dont have to go far to get a tune.

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
i8ur-riceburner
sitting in the driveway

Re: FRPP HEADERS
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 11:13:21 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just put mac long tubes on my 98 auto gt bout 2 months ago, love the sound! i gota post up a clip wen i get a chance, but install was 450 my set up is mac long tubes mac prochamber and flowmasters sounds awsome

I found this.... this answers my questions. this is the setup I want.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
good luck, when I had my 98 auto and wanted longtubes the choices were small, I ended up with the mac's I wanted the slp ones but couldnt spend 700 bucks for them :-[ the mac's worked fine though

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
good luck, when I had my 98 auto and wanted longtubes the choices were small, I ended up with the mac's I wanted the slp ones but couldnt spend 700 bucks for them :-[ the mac's worked fine though

yeah I know slp is expensive. It seems like most are happy with mac tho... bout half the price too 8)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea I had mac longtubes on my 91gt / 95gt/ and my 98 and they were fine, I do have BBK's now on my Cobra and they are just fine too. I would love to have the SLP headers but I cant see spending double over what the others :nonono: that money could damn near finish the exhaust.........or pay for the longtube install anyway :D

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For an auto the Macs will be the cheepest...Kooks,SLP and Hooker are also very good but as you have seen are alot more.

Rantheman

Reaction score
dutman98 said:
Stangman98 said:
Hooker headers
or try Kooks

Hookers are like $850 on summits site and kooks are cheap. Cool thanks that would be sweet if I dont have to go far to get a tune.
anything is possable with a welder exhaust tube and a metal chop saw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online