long tubes or shorty's on a 96?

White 96GT

Reaction score
well it looks like us with autos are stuck to flowtecks and hooker. I've heard that BBK has some that work but I don't remember. Any way my Question is if I get flowtech longtubes then do I have to use the Flowtech x-pipe? Also don't mac Headers work with autos? If so I'd rather go with a mac LT and O/R H setup with my flows than a x-pipe setup

Adam

Reaction score
One of the things the Flowtechs came with was a 3bolt adapter. So if you have a slip fit style h or x pipe, you can use it. The Flowtech X is 3 bolt design and just bolts to the headers. With the adaptors they send, they will work with any brand headers. Its a nice bonus but I woulod think they would want you to use their X too :dunno: They came with O2 extensions, header bolts, gaskets....pretty much evertthing yo uneed. Also make sure you order a T-bolt clamp ($4) so you can clamp the slip fit together like in this pic. I put a bit of high temp red permatex on it and clamped it....done, that was almost 3 years ago and no leaks. Here is a pic of everything you get.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP

96stangerGT

Reaction score
well i think ima take these shorty's off and install a set of g tubes FTW....

blackfang

Reaction score
That's exactly what I got.

I believe BBK's will work if you move the drivers side o2 sensor bung to the outside of the header and cap the original bung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online