longtubes for an auto

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i know that some longtubes will not fit an auto like BBK, and some other big brands. Besides SLP's does anyone know of a good brand that will fit, i searched on summit racing and found flowtechs but im kind of ify on them.
Thanks

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i believe kooks will...i personally have slp and love them

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
its hard to find them because the company's that make them are very FEW. The SLP ones are great but will cost you a arm and your left nut :nonono: :nonono: BBK did not even make any back when I got mine for my 98GT. ( this was about 2 years ago ) so they make them now, I don't know.

I wound up going with MAC long tubes for mine, they worked well and had good fitment......I would suggest them, the price isint bad either.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
besides the slp (way outta my league) how much did you guys pay with installation?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
besides the slp (way outta my league) how much did you guys pay with installation?

i make out on installs, im friends with a shop owner :bunny3: normal labor for Long tubes on a 4.6 is 500 but I got mine done for 350 :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
you lucky bastard

dont I know it :angel:

When I had my exhaust put on my 98Gt I had the headers / x-pipe / flowmasters + 2800 Stall converter / B&M Hammer shifter installed for 500 bucks :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3:

the exhaust stuff had already been planned out and he gave me my price, then I hit him with the trans stuff and he said " just throw in another 150 and call it done"
Just the converter and shifter job would have almost cost that500 I paid for everything 8)

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
no one likes a show off lol, do you think it would be easy to install that hammer shifter by yourself? My shifter is pretty much just falling to pieces, and i was looking into that. My buddy runs it on his 335 TPI camaro and loves it

badass98svt

Reaction score
Be careful what you buy for lingtubes.
Kooks have VERY little ground clearance!
SHM makes some also, I believe.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
no one likes a show off lol, do you think it would be easy to install that hammer shifter by yourself? My shifter is pretty much just falling to pieces, and i was looking into that. My buddy runs it on his 335 TPI camaro and loves it

it was pretty simple from what I seen of it being done ;D, the biggest prob is having to tear apart most of the interior parts around the shifter area to access the things you have to get to in order to remove it and install the new one. Other than that its a basic shifter swap :)

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:

it was pretty simple from what I seen of it being done ;D, the biggest prob is having to tear apart most of the interior parts around the shifter area to access the things you have to get to in order to remove it and install the new one. Other than that its a basic shifter swap :)

+1 to that. I'll be swapping mine sometime soon

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Shifty Powers said:
na flowtechs are good... same brand pretty much as kooks only not as expensive
I just want to let you know that your car looks sick in that pic with the longtubes sticking out from underneath. You got slp right?

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
Shifty Powers said:
I just want to let you know that your car looks sick in that pic with the longtubes sticking out from underneath. You got slp right?

yea thats all SLP... but theres one thing missing... my damn LTS!!! HAHAHA thats my midpipe hanging that low.. still does..i have to rotate the cats cuz there upside down and then im going to push it up under the car more..

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Shifty Powers said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
Shifty Powers said:

yea thats all SLP... but theres one thing missing... my damn LTS!!! HAHAHA thats my midpipe hanging that low.. still does..i have to rotate the cats cuz there upside down and then im going to push it up under the car more..
Hahahahaha, it kind of looks like you have LT's there, its a good illusion

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
My damn SLP X Pipe hangs low too, even without my cats on it

red rocket

Reaction score
I have the Flowteks on mine- price was good- 380 for ceramic coated- install was a bitch but it was the first time with a 4.6 :slap:
But if you are going to pay someone it won't matter.
Joel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online