look at this

jwhisl

Reaction score
I just got my car tuned for the split port swap and this is how it idles. I had the o2 sensors turned off being I found my cats are hollowed out. What do you guys think

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
20140115_171409_zpsam4uvhhq.jpg

:dontknow:

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Crappa-talk strips out the emoticons also? Ppffttt..... :deeplist:

Yea I really wish they didn't do that... I usually use the desktop version via Safari but my school wifi is poo so I use tapatalk while I'm in class lol

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
Ok so apparently I cant post media in my phone browser. I only had 2 o2 sensors when I bought the car. I can't find the plugs for the other two.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So you are using the 2 front oxygen sensor correct? How old are they?

Who tuned it? When?

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
I think they are the front two... I just had it tuned 4 days ago by a local guy. I opted out of the dyno for now. It holds the idle at 2k at lights and in between shifts

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, thats fine then. If you have no idea how old they are I would suggest changing them.

How did the car run after the tune? Could it be the actual tune itself?

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
It was running smoother before the tune. I know the guy adjusted the Idle and advanced the timing. He turned off the o2 sensors. I might have him turn them back on

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well if it was running better before the tune then its likely something the tuner did?

chris91

Reaction score
He probably turned off the rear o2's. With no cats or hollowed out cats they wont get a correct reading and throw a cel.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
He probably turned off the rear o2's. With no cats or hollowed out cats they wont get a correct reading and throw a cel.
^this

I don't run rears, never have. But you do need front ones and if they aren't good it will cause you all sorts or problem.
The tuner does need to turn off the rears if you're not using them or you will get CEL like chris said.

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
Alright Just got back from the tuner. Previous owner mover the front o2 sensors to the bottom side of the headers so they were hard to see. I had him make sure they were turned off and he made some adjustments to the tunes. After 2 more burns its running almost perfect. Even feels like it picked up a little more torque. He admitted to me that he was using a premade split port file with small adjustments and he is now going to make me a full custom tune. He also told me he would give me $50 off on the dyno run so I'm going to dyno tune it and post some numbers (even though they won't be as impressive as Orange's) ;)

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Thats good news. I will have to check out your build thread to see what all you have going on...

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
Thats good news. I will have to check out your build thread to see what all you have going on...

Thanks! Build was on the back burner for a month or so. Engine is almost fully assembled now. Should put down 320ish at the wheels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99