look what i got!!!!!!

94pacecar435

Reaction score
look what i got ;D got it yesterday for $1500 for everything.im hoping to install it in the next 2 weeks.with my current mods and it how much power do u guys think i will be making??
mustangtrip109.jpg

mustangtrip110.jpg

mustangtrip111.jpg

mustangtrip112.jpg

mustangtrip113.jpg

mustangtrip114.jpg

mustangtrip115.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice buy :thumb: :thumb: I didn't see a aftercooler in the pics so your boost level will have to be minimal ( for safety). There was a episode on HP TV where they put a Vortech (like yours, No cooler) on a 96 GT with a mid pipe, exhaust and a Tb.......with the blower they gained 86 more hp at the wheels I think this will be revelant to your case since the % of HP gain is very similar with the same blower and boost level, and I guess your going to run the regular 8psi. Remember not to get greedy with the PSI, with the stock NON forged internals, it would be easy to split a gizzard.

97vertstang

Reaction score
nice crate :thumb:

kidding aside, im going to help install it and both him and me never installed a blower before, does anyone have any tips , precautions or warnings about it????also are the stock 24lb. injectors sufficient???the guy that sold it to him said thatwith the power pipe boost will jump to 2 more psi.also he said that it was already making 10 psi, and with the power pipe itwould be 12.how can we check that thats truth???its not going to be tuned for a couple months , than hes gonna take it to a local shop for a good tune.

RioRedGT

Reaction score
If you are having it tuned right away I would not waste time installing the FMU or the Boost retard. 24# injectors should be fine if you have the stock heads and intake.

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
im not going to be able to tune it for a couple months, since i wasted my money on the blower. whats fmu????so u guys think i can hit 350 rwhp ???thats what im hoping for a 12 sec time slip.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94pacecar435 said:
im not going to be able to tune it for a couple months, since i wasted my money on the blower. whats fmu????so u guys think i can hit 350 rwhp ???thats what im hoping for a 12 sec time slip.

You dont know what a fmu is? ??? Ok do some research on blowers and installation ( the fmu is the Fuel Management Unit) and no I see no chance of you getting 350 at the tires without doing some other kind of engine mod like heads/cam/intake. To have 350rwhp you would have OVER 400 at the flywheel and that is NOT going to happen with a stock non forged 302 with a blower and no intercooler.

RioRedGT

Reaction score
Probably closer to 300 WHP but that is enough to get you into the 12's with good tires and good driving. My Vorteh setup put 375 to the wheels with Edelbrock heads,E-cam,GT 40 intake(not the explorer intake),75mm mas air meter,38# injectors and 65mm throttlebody. Now I run 60# injectors a 90mm mass air and a powerpipe and am at 428 horse and 400 torque to the wheels. This on a conservative tune due to the stock shortblock.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
RioRedGT said:
Probably closer to 300 WHP but that is enough to get you into the 12's with good tires and good driving. My Vorteh setup put 375 to the wheels with Edelbrock heads,E-cam,GT 40 intake(not the explorer intake),75mm mas air meter,38# injectors and 65mm throttlebody. Now I run 60# injectors a 90mm mass air and a powerpipe and am at 428 horse and 400 torque to the wheels. This on a conservative tune due to the stock shortblock.

thats a nice set-up ;)

jimgt95

Reaction score
The mechanical installation won't be too difficult but I caution you about doing any driving on it until you get a tune. Even if you use the included FMU. Keep an ear open for detonation!!

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
alright i read some on blower now i know some more.im just going to run the blower like these and not tune it until i have enough money for larger injectors, tb, and cam, than ill waste money on tune. with the 6 btm, fmu, colder plugs and stock timing will it ping??? what plugs and where do should i set my timing????thanks a lot and need as much info on this, 97vert and the guy who sold it to me are going to help me install it.the guy who sold it to me has blower experience.

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
oh and today i looked at my speedo and tach, and when im at 90 im revving 2950 rpm.i used the gear calculator and i have 3.73s :thumb:

Downshift

Reaction score
Man that looks like fun... Dont truse those gear calcs too much man. When I bought my car the guy said 3.73s got it home drove my friends car that i knew for a fact had 73s in it and it was much higher. Tried the gear calc and it said 4.11 well did my rear springs a week ago decided to turn the tire and count the driveshaft rotation...guess what I have 3.90s haha. Anyway goodluck with the blower.

Tattoogod

Reaction score
get 1 step colder and gap it at around .035.. id set it at factory or 1 to 2 degrees lower untill tuned..you wont get the bang out of the higher timing but you get it back once the boost is kickin. :thumb: also use highest octane you can.and replace fuel filter.and clean your maf sensor.and check your tps voltage..now your in a whole new ball game :banana:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
94pacecar435 said:

You dont know what a fmu is? ??? Ok do some research on blowers and installation ( the fmu is the Fuel Management Unit) and no I see no chance of you getting 350 at the tires without doing some other kind of engine mod like heads/cam/intake. To have 350rwhp you would have OVER 400 at the flywheel and that is NOT going to happen with a stock non forged 302 with a blower and no intercooler.

eh i dont know, with that said my guy that tunes my car said with the right injectors, and my tune..i may be just shy of 350HP on stock internals no cooler. But i think i have a better chance getting laid my 2 lesbian virgens.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would take that over 1000 hp at the tires :naughty: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online