looking at a dd, advice?

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=8243]Steve-Oh[/MENTION]. I need the low down... should I get a coat hanger, or a new car?

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
its not an LS. my brother has an LS and it's going BACK into the shop soon.....

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
you think continentals are going to be better? the ones I used to know had air ride and crap, I can only imagine how reliable that would be. If you want reliable luxury get a Lexus. I cannot say enough good things about mine.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you think continentals are going to be better? the ones I used to know had air ride and crap, I can only imagine how reliable that would be. If you want reliable luxury get a Lexus. I cannot say enough good things about mine.

air ride indeed.

had I known these had air ride I would have avoided it. I know all the trouble Mark owners go through.... my cousin ended up doing a traditional coil/arm conversion on his. Got tired of hunting down used bags (because they are ****ing expensive as shit).

But, too late now! I'm going to do my best to drive it until the wheels fall off and enjoy it :) once the wheels come off (like a mustang's) I'll try and find something new.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
oh you already got it? and i hope you took those wheels off your Mustang.

yeah. I haven't had a car for about two years now... So, it was time to get one. This was in my price range and came with a 3,000 Mile/3 Month warranty...

Had I known about the air ride and the taurus transmission I would have looked for something else.

as for my wheels... .. ....
I'll let that pass. For now.

Goldmember

Reaction score
should have gotten a focus.
Definitely the way to go

Had an '03 ZTS 4-door 5-speed with everything but the Audiophile system. It was well-cared for and came with service records. After one year it started needing a car payment's worth of work every month, despite continued consistent maintenance and 90% highway miles (easy miles). Between the Fuc-us and the Conti, they drive nicely, but they will nickel and dime you straight to death.

That said, it was 50 HP and a slightly firmer suspension away from being a great little driver.

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Should have gotten a 97 Mazda b2300. It's the most bad ass little truck to ever Grace the road with its presence. All hail the great b2300.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

spank 141

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with the air bag system on my mark viii. Its a 98 with 172,000 miles on it. I don't know why anyone would have problems replacing the air bags they are easy to find brand new and not very expensive. Some of the other parts are hard to find though but its not as bad as everyone says. I also have a Navi with the air ride and it was easy to replace air bags. Yes they wear out and go bad but its not that big of deal. I know alot of people ***** about it but air bags are comfortable plus you can adjust ride height by playing with the sensors if you want to lower the car some. There are right ups on it on mark viii sites.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online