Looking for a Short

rjankow661

Reaction score
Need a little help, I’ve got an Amp draw I’m tryna track dow, and I wanna check the Amp, I’ve read elsewhere they can be an issue (Mach 460 ) Seeing as how I’m a 240 lb, 6’1, 64 year old guy, my physical dimensions don’t match up real well with getting under the dash to get to the inside fuse box, or the back seat/truck.
I asking if anyone knows the location of the wiring connections to the amp/rear speaker.
Thanks in advance
Rick J.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you can't get under the dash then you are not going to like to get into the trunk opening to disconnect them. They both hang from the bottom of the rear deck on the end of the enclosure. You will need to do a pretty good limbo impersonation, or get on your back inside the trunk facing up. Get one of your skinny ass friends(I can say this as I have had friends call me this) to pull the fuse for you one night when your planning on not using it for a couple of days and see if it still starts up solid 2 days later.

You can also disconnect the battery, insert an amp meter and pull the fuses under the hood one at at time and watch when the current draw drops. That fusebox is easier to get to.

OP
OP
rjankow661

rjankow661

Reaction score
if you can't get under the dash then you are not going to like to get into the trunk opening to disconnect them. They both hang from the bottom of the rear deck on the end of the enclosure. You will need to do a pretty good limbo impersonation, or get on your back inside the trunk facing up. Get one of your skinny ass friends(I can say this as I have had friends call me this) to pull the fuse for you one night when your planning on not using it for a couple of days and see if it still starts up solid 2 days later.

You can also disconnect the battery, insert an amp meter and pull the fuses under the hood one at at time and watch when the current draw drops. That fusebox is easier to get to.
Thanks for the reply, as long as I pull the 40 amp fuse, in the engine bay, car can sit for weeks and fire right up, so I’ve got it isolated to that circuit, and I know what goes away when the fuse is out, so I’m good there. Once you get to my age, Skinny Ass friends are pretty rare, no problem going into the truck, as long as I did‘nt have to do it a half a dozen times lookin for the connector to disconnect the amp. 2-3 Times I can handle.
Thanks again for the assistance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.