looking for bodywork help

94yellow50

Reaction score
So I bought the Scott rod Fab panels for in front of strut towers. Awesome pieces now that they've got here great quality. My question is what should I use as filler to smooth out after they are welded in. I will also be filling small holes n dimples in strut towers and core support. I want to be able to smooth everything out n have it look good. Then the bay will be painted to match. Thanks for any input

Kboss87

Reaction score
I really like EverCoat Metal Glaze for filling small stuff. It's really easy to mix and sand. Just be sure to rough up the surface well so it sticks.

For larger, deeper filling, I use Mar-Glass. It's difficult to work with but is reinforced so it doesn't crack. I get it close with this, and then finalize with the Metal Glaze.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have two types I use the first and the strongest is a fiberglass reinforced filler that I use first to fill and get my shape.

http://pivco.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_13&products_id=501

After that I use a light weight filler as a skim coat before finally a high build sprayable primer to feather it out.

http://pivco.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_11&products_id=486

Pivco is local too me and they have been a good small-town local source for automotive bodywork supplies for I think 30 yrs now so I went in there and asked what he recommended and this was it. They do ship and have all the supplies you would need.

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
Cool thanks guys I will look into both options. I test fit the passenger side panel today and even unpainted and just setting in there it is gonna look so much better.

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
I test fit the passenger side yesterday and today I got the fuse box moved into the front fender where the horn used to mount...was a pain removing all the wires from.the panel but didn't have to extend anything. That alone cleared up a lot now all I have left is my msd box on the driver side which I'm going to mount flat on that side once the panel is in. Battery is already in the trunk. I'm at work the rest of the night but will get some pics up tomorrow

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
Here's some pictures...haven't really worked on much the past few days tho.
IMG_20140605_114754_017_zpsefnni9zz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20140530_125753_359_zps1vca4suu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20140529_105019_626_zpsr2rfwyce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
Finally got some progress on the car, after a recent house purchase. Been crazy busy on other stuff..but it's coming along.soon as I can figure out how to get photos posted from phone I'll have more up

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought the Scott rod Fab panels for in front of strut towers. Awesome pieces now that they've got here great quality. My question is what should I use as filler to smooth out after they are welded in. I will also be filling small holes n dimples in strut towers and core support. I want to be able to smooth everything out n have it look good. Then the bay will be painted to match. Thanks for any input

Filler is your only way to go when looking for that outcome

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That engine bay looks great so far, that motor is going to look right at home sitting in there. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
Making progress..now the reassembly begins. Having to be much more careful now than when I took it apart. Surprisingly only scratched one spot putting it in, set it with the driver side header bolted up. Amd the scratch didn't even come from the motor. My fumba$$ dropped an extension..oh well. Touch up paint will work. It's just an engine bay after all lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online