Looking for metal emblems

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
And here I was thinking I was going to be some what original... lol. Now I am going to layer some powders to get a unique copper. But I am thinking that's what I may have to do. Go and get the wheels finished then head over to a paint shop.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought the same thing yesterday funny enough. Next thing ya know EVERYBODY be rollin on copper. Mine is actually a really dark copper called burned copper. This is the best pic I have but it really doesn't catch it. Hoping to have the cash for the wheels around new years and send them out for powder after that. I have been paying more attention to cars that have a similar color since I did it 2 weeks ago and I found a couple of paint colors that were close.

thb_3561141417112170-558431854e.jpg

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
I thought the same thing yesterday funny enough. Next thing ya know EVERYBODY be rollin on copper. Mine is actually a really dark copper called burned copper. This is the best pic I have but it really doesn't catch it. Hoping to have the cash for the wheels around new years and send them out for powder after that. I have been paying more attention to cars that have a similar color since I did it 2 weeks ago and I found a couple of paint colors that were close.

thb_3561141417112170-558431854e.jpg

That's gorgeous, when will you have that all installed? I am going to be jacking my car up and slipping off the tires here in a few weeks as well. Probably end of January. I think I am going to be layering a few powders to get the desired copper. Since my car is black I want a copper more like when you think of a penny. Except darker.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's gorgeous, when will you have that all installed? I am going to be jacking my car up and slipping off the tires here in a few weeks as well. Probably end of January. I think I am going to be layering a few powders to get the desired copper. Since my car is black I want a copper more like when you think of a penny. Except darker.

it honestly looks black until its in direct light. When I walked in and saw it next too the gloss black I thought he did them all the same colors. lemme get a pic of it next to the caliper with out the flash in some good lighting. that pic above you can see the shadow of the window sill on the right hand side and with out the flecks in direct light its more bronze/black. He has the remainder of the 5lb pack I got for my wheels that is supposed to have my name on it. Be happy to recommend him to you where he could order more or see if he would give out his specific powder provider for your guy to get it. Been happy with his work so far and getting ready to sell some stuff too see what cash I can raise for the wheels.

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
it honestly looks black until its in direct light. When I walked in and saw it next too the gloss black I thought he did them all the same colors. lemme get a pic of it next to the caliper with out the flash in some good lighting. that pic above you can see the shadow of the window sill on the right hand side and with out the flecks in direct light its more bronze/black. He has the remainder of the 5lb pack I got for my wheels that is supposed to have my name on it. Be happy to recommend him to you where he could order more or see if he would give out his specific powder provider for your guy to get it. Been happy with his work so far and getting ready to sell some stuff too see what cash I can raise for the wheels.

That should look really slick come Summer with the bright light. I'm really into that kind of chameleon color thing. You will definitely have to take some pictures of it with and without sunlight, that color should look pretty damn nice against your paint tone. My coater is pretty easy to work with. I asked him if I could run a copper from http://www.prismaticpowders.com/powder-coating-colors/ and he didn't hesitate. However, I want to use a shiny base powder to really bring it out.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
hah I ran copper wheels on my daily driver this past summer. not my usual style but it was fun to try something different.

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
copper metalizer dip over black base, bout half a can per wheel.

IMG_20140511_130906_815.jpg~original

DSCN0809.jpg~original

Thank you for the response man, I dig it. I was going with a more shiny coppery color, think brand new penny. Maybe a tad darker. Those are almost bronzish with a more matte color. Plus my car is black. By dip I assume you mean that peel off paint rubber stuff whatever.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thank you for the response man, I dig it. I was going with a more shiny coppery color, think brand new penny. Maybe a tad darker. Those are almost bronzish with a more matte color. Plus my car is black. By dip I assume you mean that peel off paint rubber stuff whatever.

thanks. yeah it's really hard to pin a certain color to these, this metalizer over a camo brown base coat is supposed to give a true bronze, these range a lot depending on the lightning. also these are a a straight gloss finish. yours will look awesome on black, mine was going to be black too but i decided on the blue last minute. and yeah plasti dip is fully removable whenever you want. Here's a few others in the light at different angles in case you're interested.

IMG_20140511_130854_563.jpg~original

IMG_20140511_130248_533.jpg~original

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online