Looking for pistons

d.garza18

Reaction score
Does anybody have a set of 2003/2004 oem cobra pistons for sale?

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why? They are going to be used junk that are shaped like an egg and 16 years old. Buy a new set from Mahle if you want real OEM and start with something all the same size and round.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Why? They are going to be used junk that are shaped like an egg and 16 years old. Buy a new set from Mahle if you want real OEM and start with something all the same size and round.
I believe it was blak who suggested I find a set for my build

01yellercobra

Reaction score
At this point if they're out of the engine there's a good chance at least one is a paper weight. Plus if you're doing any machine work going a little over to make sure the cylinders are round isn't a bad idea. Were you looking because of budget concerns?

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I do not care if I am trying to sell you used pistons and I can provide detailed dimensional documentation, every one will be different and even if you do hole matching it is going to leave the worst one rattling around driving you nuts. Read my build history with all the crap that comes with used pistons and I got the right tools to measure them ...tapers and all.
If you really want used forged pistons let me know...I am pulling my forged motor with 2k on it and you can have them for shipping costs.
They are .020 over, but not now, probably .015 over now and oval. At the least you will always need new rings and JE doesn't sell cheap replacements for these. = 250.00 at least
How are you going to clearance the bores for used pistons? Rings and bores must be set for the amount of heat you are going to make, if you say I will build it loose for future boost you will not be happy. I am dealing with Hurricane repairs this week and do not have my cylinder pressure notes with me to give you the equations for what you want to do. They are on the Ford FRPP website if you dig hard enough and real MATH is needed but it is fun to figure out your build tolerances, do not use idiot charts for bore or ring gap information even if it is from JE Pistons. You must know the cylinder pressure being made to know the heat input to the pistons.
Why do you think I have tried so many combinations .
I am hard on you because you only want to do this once and Will,Blak and me change motors like socks, i have done this 13 times in the last 2 years and I call L&M engines when I need advice or Bullet Cams and talk to the MODGODS to get help.
Remember the new 460hp Coyote engine is running cast pistons.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
At this point if they're out of the engine there's a good chance at least one is a paper weight. Plus if you're doing any machine work going a little over to make sure the cylinders are round isn't a bad idea. Were you looking because of budget concerns?
Just for budget reasons

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
I do not care if I am trying to sell you used pistons and I can provide detailed dimensional documentation, every one will be different and even if you do hole matching it is going to leave the worst one rattling around driving you nuts. Read my build history with all the crap that comes with used pistons and I got the right tools to measure them ...tapers and all.
If you really want used forged pistons let me know...I am pulling my forged motor with 2k on it and you can have them for shipping costs.
They are .020 over, but not now, probably .015 over now and oval. At the least you will always need new rings and JE doesn't sell cheap replacements for these. = 250.00 at least
How are you going to clearance the bores for used pistons? Rings and bores must be set for the amount of heat you are going to make, if you say I will build it loose for future boost you will not be happy. I am dealing with Hurricane repairs this week and do not have my cylinder pressure notes with me to give you the equations for what you want to do. They are on the Ford FRPP website if you dig hard enough and real MATH is needed but it is fun to figure out your build tolerances, do not use idiot charts for bore or ring gap information even if it is from JE Pistons. You must know the cylinder pressure being made to know the heat input to the pistons.
Why do you think I have tried so many combinations .
I am hard on you because you only want to do this once and Will,Blak and me change motors like socks, i have done this 13 times in the last 2 years and I call L&M engines when I need advice or Bullet Cams and talk to the MODGODS to get help.
Remember the new 460hp Coyote engine is running cast pistons.
Thanks man! Don’t worry no pressure, I enjoy all the details and experience you share! I’m still very fresh to this, and my build is my first build. All and all I want to have a budget friendly motor build that won’t hurt to daily and step on time to time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online