Looking for some info

07GtS197

Reaction score
This isnt something that'll happen over night but Ive decided Im going to do a 3v swap in my 02. Sure the coyote is cool and all but Im still a hardcore 4.6 fan. The 3v responds well to bolt ons and a tune and my 07 is quick but think about a 3v in the more comfortable sn95 with a direct shift tr3650 and less weight. Id like to get the frpp control pack because I want to retain vct but Id like more info on it. Before I get balls deep into questions has anyone here ever used it or know about it? Ill contact ford racing for more info if need be.

On the other hand Id like to build the harness myself and piece together a kit myself to save a lot of money but Im not sure whats special about the kit. Im wondering if a lot of things in the tune on the supplied ecu are turned off because it doesnt use most of the pins on the ecu. Its almost like it piggybacks off the sn95 ecu.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Lol yea Ive always wanted to do either a 5.4 2v swap or a 4.6 3v swap and thinking about it Id rather do a 3v swap. 300 hp out of the box is nice and the stock block weighs less. Im thinking Ill buy another 3v to build then put it in my 07 gt and drop the stock 3v from my 07 into my 02. Sure the 4v swap is more plug and play but the intake is expensive and I really like the uniqueness of the 3v.

Im subscribed to Thomas' thread and Ive seen what hes been doing but his is a little different. He locked out the cam phasers. Im looking to do a fully functional swap that still utilizes vct and adaptive spark.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I havent seen many (if any) do the power pack option in a SN95 mostly due to the cost and the issue of having to convert to the electric gas pedal assembly.

When you look at the power packs $2500~ cost and the fact that as soon as you throw a set of cams in the engine, The VCT has to be limited or locked out, its not worth it the expense.

$2500 will basically buy you everything you need to do the 3v swap (with some patience looking for the parts) including the engine. Stock cobra Throttle bodies are easy enough to come by, or you can splurge for a accufab one, longtubes are a necessity (a specific brand fits the SN95 chassis, i dont remember which) unless you can find the 3v/2v exhaust adapter plates. Other than that, the only things necessary for the swap is lengthening one set of wires, some radiator hoses, moving around some vacuum lines and then making up a CAI.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I know you want the adaptive spark and the vct, but didnt know if you had seen his thread or not. The added costs isnt worth it to me.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Yea I know its expensive and thats why I am trying to see what makes the control pack different than using an s197 harness with an ecu with certain functions turned off. Ill call ford racing and pick their brains tomorrow.

Nighttrain, I appreciate your input and maybe its not worth it. If its going to be too much I think Ill go for a 4v swap. The intake is really expensive unless I go with c heads and a blower but that could get expensive too lol. Hmm I guess any way I go itll get expensive really. I like the idea of a 4v swap but it seems like the 3v is the best of both worlds really.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online