Looking to 3d print a plate to cover where cd player was.

r1ch999999

Reaction score
Hello,

I searched, but no luck. I took the cd player out, my plan was to get the shelf that goes there so I had a place for my phone. No luck finding a shelf that fit, so my next plan was to 3d print a plate to go there so I could put some USB plugs and whatever I need to connect to my aftermarket radio. Does anyone know of an STL file for a blank I could print?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I used my cnc to make abs pieces that I then epoxied into the double din fit kit. The usb parts were just squares that I used my caliper to measure. The opening is called a single din size if you are doing searches. I have a laser/cnc but have not yet got into 3d printing. I understand that everyone shares their files in those areas.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I have a factory pocket insert that goes where a single DIN CD player went. Let me go look for it and if I find it I can send you a picture.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
he is looking for an actual 3d printer file to print the piece from. A pic will not do much help

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
In the 3d printer world there are sites that people will upload what they have designed to allow you to download the finished product. With this he can just download the program to his printer and push start so it makes it super easy. Drawing it or taking a pic would not help him to find nor to design it. If he were to design it he would need to take some precise measurements and then convert those into the design that the printer would follow.

In a nutshell to the OP, I think I am the only one here that has any cnc/laser/3d printer stuff and I have only started to look into the printer options. Going to learn a little about them tomorrow night in fact but unless I have forgot I don't recall seeing anyone post anything they designed or made on 3d printer

PinkieT

Reaction score
he is looking for an actual 3d printer file to print the piece from. A pic will not do much help
Yes, I know. I thought maybe he would want a factory storage pocket insert that fits right in the bezel and will hold his phone. $25 shipped.

Attachments

• cubby front.jpg
    cubby front.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2
  • cubby rear.jpg
    cubby rear.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh ok I thought you meant he could take the pic and use that to make his file.

I also forgot to mention that I have taken the coin holders in the console and made them into usb spots and there are others here that have added them inside of the console to give some options.

maillemaker

Reaction score
You might try thingiverse, grabcad, other sites for free .stl downloads.

lutter94

Reaction score
If you measure what you want I can draw it. I use a 3d printer nearly every day at work. Digital calipers are how much at the harbor?

OP
OP
R

r1ch999999

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I haven’t found a pocket for sale that works, but I’d be willing to buy one of someone has a link. I’ve been tied up trying to find a job, so I figured if I could get an stl I could print one out of the filament I already have. Otherwise I’ll probably order one when I’m working again.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
any car audio shop should be able to sell you a universal din pocket(that is exactly what you want to tell them). There should be a set of bracket that comes with it that when attached you can just slide it in from the front and it locks into place. Now I have to warn you that even my stock GT was fast enough to launch anything in that pocket into the back seat.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I haven’t found a pocket for sale that works, but I’d be willing to buy one of someone has a link. I’ve been tied up trying to find a job, so I figured if I could get an stl I could print one out of the filament I already have. Otherwise I’ll probably order one when I’m working again.

Pinkie already offered you one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online