Looking to buy a tuner

OP
OP
Carnage281

Carnage281

Reaction score
Yay I know stuff.

Carnage, what brand are you looking at?

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. And to answer your question Leo, I've been looking at the pacesetter headers. Haven't seen anything bad about them, but I'm buying new gaskets just in case.

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I can't speak for the 4.6 2v.

But way back I used them for my 09 4.0, 15RWHP, 2RWHP with the blower.

On my 3v 4.6 that with the o/r h, netted me 20RWHP and 15 LBs after install. That was before I did cams.

Granted they are cheap, I've had no complaints.
Only pay the little extra and get them coated. I didn't my first time...yuck.

Been debating them or BBK, bbk seems to have some fitment issues.
But the two vehicles I used them on, they fit fine, and the 3v ARMOR coated, looked great and didn't rape the bank.

I had a friend in germany with an 01 with pacesetters, he was happy, got blasted for cheaping out, but claimed 18 or so was added to his uncammed build.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
FIRST OFF, sct works well, I personally wouldnt use an xcal 3 unless I couldnt find an x2. The 2's have better support and were made by sct. Also this idea that a "canned tune" or mail order tune is bullshit. How can you possibly imagine someone sitting at a desk plugging numbers in and pulling fuel/timing without having the car data log, send the files to the tuner and then have it mapped, even then your playing a guessing game. Dont hack a tune, spend the money, buy the tuner from your local guy and when you have questions he will be more apt to help you ....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah