Looking To Buy

patchelect

Reaction score
I'm a newb to this group. I'm considering getting a SN95 Convertible, probably with a V8. I've read lots bout the places to have concerns and I'm very aware that the model is already an "older" version, however my wife and I are not interested in the later styles.

That said I've been looking tentatively at what is available and as a general item came across an '04 convertible with much of the right stuff. The selling dealer has posted about 50 pictures from every angle including many of the undercarriage. That is where I'm getting curious. The car in question has about 46K on it and I can accept and expect undercarriage rust and chips. However there is one particular spot where I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. I've attached some undercarriage pictures but specifically it is image [email protected] that show the rusty bits, the last picture as I see it on my posting.

Am I overthinking here? Most of the rest of the images show what I would call acceptable rusty bits for a near 20 year old car.

74556667-770-0@2X.jpg 74556668-770-0@2X.jpg 74556670-770-0@2X.jpg 74556674-770-0@2X.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is the convertible bracing. It bolts in/out and is easily replaced and even better yet upgraded to weld in sub frame connectors that are much stiffer.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I think the pictures show both welded in aftermarket subframe connectors (first and second pic) and the bolt in factory convertible brace (3rd and 4th pic) under the front end. Both could use a cleaning and re-paint, but I don't see any structural problems. That's my thinking, anyway.

OP
OP
P

patchelect

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses and assurances. I may not snag this vehicle as I'm not quite ready but the available images are pretty comprehensive and brought up questions in my mind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.