Looking to do a budget build up.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Well I have a 95 5.0 It doesnt have too many performance mods. All it has is 4:10's in the rear, a short-throw shifter and some mac mufflers. Well my friend has a 5.0 cobra that is putting over 300 to the wheels and I'd like to do the same. So what would you guys do, and also I live in maryland so emissions are a bit of a bitch.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I think everyone has this question now and again. I think a good tune up and maintence first and foremost. Then I would do headers, then cold air, then new mid pipe then throttle body. I've always been one to think that for every mod on the intake side the next one should be on the exhaust side til those 2 aspects are modded then you can move to pullies, then to the big ones( heads, cam, intake) Seeing as how you already have gears and a short throw you are in good shape. I would get headers first then a cold air. But its up to you. 5.0 parts come cheap check ebay.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
what cold air induction kit will give me the best performance and isn't hard to install. Could you please link me?

ryclef331

Reaction score
CAI pretty much are whatever you want to get. I avoid the filter in the fend ones b/c i don't buy into the hp gained by that....the elbow in front of the MAF causes too much turbulence and you don't get accurate readings...oh yeah, and they're a bitch to install. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock inlet pipe (the box is another story). Pretty much buy whatever one you want....If it were me, I'd avoid the fender well kits though. As for your goal of 300hp....you're going to have to do H/C/I to get there on motor. You can do bolt ons and nitrous and have a blast (or any power adder for that matter). 300hp is a pretty easy goal to get with off the shelf parts now a days...

Stangbangin

Reaction score
yea CAI are more for bling but might as well. Anything is better than the stock air box. just get the k&n fipk from summit or something of the nature. anything open element. as for fenderwell mount cai it's just another theory which I'm not sure if its correct but I've ran both fender mount and non fender mount there really isn't a difference So for ease of installation I'd go without

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
you guys dont think fenderwells do too much? thats what i have and its a big improvement over stock...but i dont have anything else to compare it to. would something like a C&L powerpipe give me better intake? i wish JLT made a kit for our car....i heard theyre ethe best.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
I ordered a bkk one that is a fenderwell mount. I hope it isn't too hard to install. If so I guess I will be having it installed, christ how much will that cost -_-.

97vertstang

Reaction score
oh dont pay to install it!!!!! its a little harder than a regular one but its not rocket science, save ur money and do it urself :thumb:

Tony Montana

Reaction score
lol what is so hard about installing the bbk? I just recently did it, I went into it thinking it might be tough, all u have to do is ly down place fender in fenderwall, and bolt up.

Tony Montana

Reaction score
ive contemplated the Trickflow Kit as well, but for that price, since my car is a daily driver i think im just gonna go blower in the future. :khobra:

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Tony Montana said:
lol what is so hard about installing the bbk? I just recently did it, I went into it thinking it might be tough, all u have to do is ly down place fender in fenderwall, and bolt up.
Did you notice any difference?

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
ford racing claims that their engine kits like the trick flow will give you around 100 hp increase and its cheaper then the trick flow kit

FaStStAnG5-0

Reaction score
ford's kit with the GT40's is cheaper than the trick-flow kit?? i haven't looked into them much yet..

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
oh dont pay to install it!!!!! its a little harder than a regular one but its not rocket science, save ur money and do it urself :thumb:

:thumb:

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
ford racing claims that their engine kits like the trick flow will give you around 100 hp increase and its cheaper then the trick flow kit
Out of the box they MIGHT be somewhat similar but in the long run TrickFlows or AFR's will definatly stand above the GT40's. TF's or AFR's are simply bigger & better and can be ported to flow more.

Tony Montana

Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Tony Montana said:
Did you notice any difference?

Not really

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.