Looking to try new products-- ChemicalGuys

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So apparently I'm behind the eight ball when it comes to detailing products. A lot of the newer products out there I had no idea, are out there. My buddy has an actual clay mitt instead of the little bar? Unheard of haha. Anyways here's a list I came up with that I'd like to try out.
CG Glossworkz Gloss Booster & Paint Cleanser (soap)
CG V36 Optical Grade Cutting Polish
Diablo Gel Wheel Cleaner
Clay Bar
CG Extreme Depth Liquid Carnauba Creme Wax
New MF towels, wheel brushes.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie.... I really want to try their Stripper Scent air freshener. I have for some time now.

I just have a feeling it's going to piss the 'ol lady off.... :deeplist:

Sinned83

Reaction score
I have the glossworkz cleanser and diablo wheel gel they are good products.
I have had 2 different CG wheel brushes the ferret and another one and the quality wasn't that great.
As far as a liquid wax they're whatever get a paste wax 50/50 or Pete's will look better and last longer

Deep I've gone through 2 bottles of stripper scent it's awesome.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have the glossworkz cleanser and diablo wheel gel they are good products.
I have had 2 different CG wheel brushes the ferret and another one and the quality wasn't that great.
As far as a liquid wax they're whatever get a paste wax 50/50 or Pete's will look better and last longer

Does it really smell that good? I want some now haha.. I currently use Mothers calif gold ultimate carnuaba, leaves a real glossy and deep shine. 50/50 or petes is expensive!

Above118

Reaction score
Ive tried the CG stuff....its ok in my opinion..but if your going to spend that money i would deff go with AMMO instead. i have used his stuff one time and never turned back.
Check his youtube page,this dude is pretty awesome at his "job" ive never seen someone more passionate about detailing and there products are top notch.

quick link to his page

[video=youtube;QUk-i-xtXks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUk-i-xtXks[/video]

Sinned83

Reaction score
Yes stripper scent is the best! It smells like your neighborhood gentlemens club.
If you want a inexpensive liquid wax try collinite 845 insulator wax

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I think I'm going to pull the trigger and get a bottle of it just out of curiosity and intrigue.

Even if I decide I don't like it, I'll still keep it just so I can spray it in my married friends' vehicles when they're not paying attention.... because I'm an ass like that.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Black light is the business but my favorite product I theirs is jet seal

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Ive tried the CG stuff....its ok in my opinion..but if your going to spend that money i would deff go with AMMO instead. i have used his stuff one time and never turned back.
Check his youtube page,this dude is pretty awesome at his "job" ive never seen someone more passionate about detailing and there products are top notch.

quick link to his page

[video=youtube;QUk-i-xtXks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUk-i-xtXks[/video]

Ive watched the AMMO vids. He's the one that gave me the idea to scrape and polish my windshield lol. i'll check out his stuff, says AMMO NYC so maybe I could pick some stuff up

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I think I'm going to pull the trigger and get a bottle of it just out of curiosity and intrigue.

Even if I decide I don't like it, I'll still keep it just so I can spray it in my married friends' vehicles when they're not paying attention.... because I'm an ass like that.

You and me think alike. I would totally be the dick to do that LOL.

Sinned83

Reaction score
My wife loves the stripper scent smell of success

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
So apparently I'm behind the eight ball when it comes to detailing products. A lot of the newer products out there I had no idea, are out there. My buddy has an actual clay mitt instead of the little bar? Unheard of haha. Anyways here's a list I came up with that I'd like to try out.

Don't limit yourself to CG stuff. I've used a lot of their products both personally and professionally. They make some good stuff, some so-so stuff and some stuff that just flat out sucks. Here's my 2 cents.

CG Glossworkz Gloss Booster & Paint Cleanser (soap)
Nothing special. If you want a good wash soap, I prefer Duragloss. Cheaper and works better.

CG V36 Optical Grade Cutting Polish
Their V-line polishes are ok, but they are not going to compete with Menzerna polishes. The important question here is do you have a DA polisher? You really need a machine to get the most out of polishes. If you're on a budget, grab Harbor Freights DA polisher (about $60, works great...I have one). You'll need to buy a better backing plate and pads, but it's affordable and good quality.

Diablo Gel Wheel Cleaner
Skip it. Buy this instead.

http://www.flashwax.com/tire-wheel.html (The Brown Royal).

You could buy 2+ gallons of Brown Royal for the same price of a gallon of Diablo and Brown Royal is substantially better. I had the chance to compare both side by doing production detailing on former rental cars being prepared for sale. It was no contest.

Any clay bar will do. Go grab the $20 for 2 clay bar packs that Mothers/Meguiars sell in stores.

CG Extreme Depth Liquid Carnauba Creme Wax

New MF towels, wheel brushes.
Support your local vendor!

http://stores.theragshack.com/clearkote-carnauba-moose-wax-16oz/ (arguably the best liquid carnuba on the market)

http://stores.theragshack.com/16x16-all-purpose-towel-12-pack/ (smokin' deal)

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie.... I really want to try their Stripper Scent air freshener. I have for some time now.

I just have a feeling it's going to piss the 'ol lady off.... :deeplist:

I've used it. I like the smell but it didn't really smell like any strip club I've ever been to.
If you want a inexpensive liquid wax try collinite 845 insulator wax
Good suggestion. Excellent durability. It won't look as good as the Clearkote, but will definitely last longer. Choose according to which property matters most to you.

That's awesome! Hahahaha!

Black light is the business but my favorite product I theirs is jet seal

Blacklight is good, but lacks durability. If I was doing it, I'd use Poorboy's Black Hole glaze topped with a good carnuba. JetSeal lasts a long, long time, but the looks are dead after a few weeks. If you prefer sealants, I'd recommend Duragloss #111. That shit is awesome. CG's Factory Sealant is better than the JetSeal IMO.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I top jet seal with a number of different paste waxes I love the look
I forgot to mention justin at obsessive detail and the ragshack site. His wet obsession is legit!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Don't limit yourself to CG stuff. I've used a lot of their products both personally and professionally. They make some good stuff, some so-so stuff and some stuff that just flat out sucks. Here's my 2 cents.

Nothing special. If you want a good wash soap, I prefer Duragloss. Cheaper and works better.

Their V-line polishes are ok, but they are not going to compete with Menzerna polishes. The important question here is do you have a DA polisher? You really need a machine to get the most out of polishes. If you're on a budget, grab Harbor Freights DA polisher (about $60, works great...I have one). You'll need to buy a better backing plate and pads, but it's affordable and good quality.

Skip it. Buy this instead.

http://www.flashwax.com/tire-wheel.html (The Brown Royal).

You could buy 2+ gallons of Brown Royal for the same price of a gallon of Diablo and Brown Royal is substantially better. I had the chance to compare both side by doing production detailing on former rental cars being prepared for sale. It was no contest.

Any clay bar will do. Go grab the $20 for 2 clay bar packs that Mothers/Meguiars sell in stores.

Support your local vendor!

http://stores.theragshack.com/clearkote-carnauba-moose-wax-16oz/ (arguably the best liquid carnuba on the market)

http://stores.theragshack.com/16x16-all-purpose-towel-12-pack/ (smokin' deal)

Forgot about Obsessive detail on here. I'll check his stuff out soon. I have a FLEX Random Orbital buffer.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
Forgot about Obsessive detail on here. I'll check his stuff out soon. I have a FLEX Random Orbital buffer.

The Flex is an awesome piece. You're good to go there.

What kind of shape is your paint in? Does it need a compounding or just a polishing?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The Flex is an awesome piece. You're good to go there.

What kind of shape is your paint in? Does it need a compounding or just a polishing?

Oh yeah man the things a beast. Actually learned how to buff cars with it when my dad bought it like 6 years ago. The paint overall is in decent shape. The salt and winter made the paint take a beating. So it needs the full works.. clay, compound, polish, wax etc. As far as I can tell, car was never clayed before I got it. And I haven't clayed it yet. I'm usually good with compound, polish and wax with the flex. But I want to really go to town with the paint, and get it looking new and have a nice shine that actually lasts

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
Oh yeah man the things a beast. Actually learned how to buff cars with it when my dad bought it like 6 years ago. The paint overall is in decent shape. The salt and winter made the paint take a beating. So it needs the full works.. clay, compound, polish, wax etc. As far as I can tell, car was never clayed before I got it. And I haven't clayed it yet. I'm usually good with compound, polish and wax with the flex. But I want to really go to town with the paint, and get it looking new and have a nice shine that actually lasts

This would be a good option for you then.

http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-polish-bundle3.html

Three high quality products that would work great on your paint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online