Looks like Ford and GM are gonna get stomped...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Toyota trucks can be very good trucks remember they aren't 1tons.

Sure if you want a Tacoma they're ok but the tundra is straight garbage ... Don't get me wrong tacomas are nice but Nissan and Toyota both got in over there heads trying to make a half ton

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far to say they are going to get stomped.

And to answer the question, in case it's relevant, yes I've driven cars that make over 700RWHP.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Sure if you want a Tacoma they're ok but the tundra is straight garbage ... Don't get me wrong tacomas are nice but Nissan and Toyota both got in over there heads trying to make a half ton
Lol Toyota tundra is the most sold truck in the southern states for Toyota so I believe y'all don't understand.

OP
OP
kissrocksforever

kissrocksforever

Reaction score
Chrysler does make a quality product. They started improving with the 2011 Lineup change. I worked for them in the past and they blew me away. Back in 2012 they were more comfortable and better equipped than any other domestic brand. Even where I work now... I drive Porsches, Audis, etc all day long, and I look at a Grand Cherokee and just think... That is just as good.... Better equipped..... etc.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol Toyota tundra is the most sold truck in the southern states for Toyota so I believe y'all don't understand.

I could careless less how many units are sold ... They are complete shit , I've seen a few on my job site and they're junk ... I have yet to hear one owner say they love there tundra. Not to mention the box wants to come off going over bumps ... They can barely tow a sea doo ... I'm a soul believer if your purchasing a truck you need a 3/4ton or 1ton or just get a girls truck and get a Tacoma ... The tundra sales don't even come close in Canada to any of the domestic trucks .

the.greg

Reaction score
This is gonna be interesting with their new 8speed automatic(its also offered in manual). It likely will be very close with the 13-14 gt500s. Yes, it is much heavier, but it has more power, the 8speed will determine which is faster stock in the 1/4 imo.

The big implication is what does chrysler have in the works for the Viper? Typically the Viper has always had their highest output so hopefully this means the Viper is getting more power soon as well.

It will not get the Viper's 335 tires which is a shame.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if they've been able to fix the issues they've had with their 8 speed autos. A bunch of us were talking about them the other night at the car meet.

I'm interested to see how these things are once they are out.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I could careless less how many units are sold ... They are complete shit , I've seen a few on my job site and they're junk ... I have yet to hear one owner say they love there tundra. Not to mention the box wants to come off going over bumps ... They can barely tow a sea doo ... I'm a soul believer if your purchasing a truck you need a 3/4ton or 1ton or just get a girls truck and get a Tacoma ... The tundra sales don't even come close in Canada to any of the domestic trucks .
^^^^^^^^^^ thank you Kyle. I've worked on numerous construction sites all across the state of Ohio and Pennsylvania and the number of Toyota trucks were few and far between. The F150 dominated followed very closely by the Silverado. With the newest body style of Ram, I've seen an increasing number of them at sites. The real work horses tho are Powerstrokes and Cummins bar none. The guys that haul the big equipment and materials around all drive them. Lol tundra may look cool (to some, not me) but they certainly perform like shit. And Kyle is dead on the boxes on those things twist like there ain't no tomorrow. I'd be afraid of towing that sea doo....

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Trucks do more than just haul stuff and look pretty at construction sites yaknow....

13228189853_c03a1764c3_c.jpg

And how did the conversation go from the Hellcat to Toyota trucks and how terrible they are?

Bunch of :handz:

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Trucks do more than just haul stuff and look pretty at construction sites yaknow....

And how did the conversation go from the Hellcat to Toyota trucks and how terrible they are?

lol ... I rest my case sure that's cool to look at but hell id rather have a real truck like a raptor.. Nobody wants a underpowered prerunner

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Whoa! whoa! whoa! Toyota hit the nail on the head with the tundra. My dad does construction and bought a tundra New in 2007, it now has over 250,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. It's the best truck we've ever owned. Hell we love it so much that my mom bought a 2010 tundra. Plus it's assembled in my home state! Long story short, the Toyota tundra is a great truck. (Speaking from experience)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Whoa! whoa! whoa! Toyota hit the nail on the head with the tundra. My dad does construction and bought a tundra New in 2007, it now has over 250,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. It's the best truck we've ever owned. Hell we love it so much that my mom bought a 2010 tundra. Plus it's assembled in my home state! Long story short, the Toyota tundra is a great truck. (Speaking from experience)

Sure if that's what your into . You can't even tell me you think it's nice to look at . Tacomas are nice to look at tundras aren't ... I'll make a new thread about this and we can on about it .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

Man I was wondering what I missed on the end of the first page is it worth the trip back there? The Tacoma's I and one of the sport ute's I think it is, is made just north of me. I know their production line is pretty insane as for quality from what I hear. Getting a job there on the line was an 8 or 10 step process....

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
How did a thread about a cool 700+ hp musclecar get turned into a shitfest about Toyota trucks?

You guys are retarded sometimes. Is the Hellcat cool? Absolutely? Will the lighter Shelby still outrun it? Probably? The point is... who cares? Every time one of the big three ups the ante, the others follow suit. We should all be happy about that.

Now you ladies can go back to arguing about Priuses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online