Looks like Ford and GM are gonna get stomped...

Tekton1377

Reaction score
Ignoring all the truck talk the hellcat looks like a cool car with a lot of horsepower... that being said, it's still a heavy beast and has tiny little tires and that will hurt the performance.

the.greg

Reaction score
Bump with most recent release.
[video=youtube;iYol7m3WjGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYol7m3WjGQ[/video]

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Waiting for real world results....

2013 gt500 tops 200mph...... oh wait.

I think this car specifically the auto withe Dr or slicks may be able to repeat this.... but only that.... no turns no high speed pulls etc.

I really like the way they look just wish it wasn't a boats and people didn't donk them

the.greg

Reaction score
Cliffs from the vid: Richard Rawlins is shown to drive the Hellcat auto to a 11.2 stock tire and an alleged 10.8 on a dot drag radial.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
700 horsepower and only an 11 second car on street tires? *sigh*

The headlight air induction system is pretty sick though. Never seen a company do that to a production car before.

the.greg

Reaction score
700 horsepower and only an 11 second car on street tires? *sigh*

The headlight air induction system is pretty sick though. Never seen a company do that to a production car before.

I mean the thing is a 4400+ barge, true. However thats a touch quicker than a stock 13+ gt500, and way faster than a zl1 which are its main competitors. What would it take to impress you?

So Yes, this is actually quite impressive! Its nice to see how much this muscle car horsepower wars is promoting such intense competition. Hopefully Ford steps up big with its next iteration of the mustang.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Dude, 11.2 in a completely stock car on crappy radials is insane.

Carnage281

Reaction score
._. 11.2 .....that's it? I kind of expected more from the way they've been hyping it up. They need to focus more on the viper than their yachts.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
._. 11.2 .....that's it? I kind of expected more from the way they've been hyping it up. They need to focus more on the viper than their yachts.

I was at least hoping for low 10's with all the media coverage this thing was getting lol

What would it take to impress you?

Definitely not a huge engine in an already huge car. I'd be impressed if those suckers still weighed as much as they did when they first came out. But I guess that's to be expected from American companies. Always about flaunting their big motors and shiny superchargers. For $20000 more I could have a V6 that runs 10s and can actually take a turn.

RichV

Reaction score
You guys *****ing about a 10 second car off the showroom floor? That you can throw the keys to your Wife to go get groceries?

What more could you want? Turns are for pussies.

the.greg

Reaction score

Its not easy to get much more than a 11.2 out of anything this heavy on stock rubber and maintain a factory warranty, remember this is not a drag car, its a production vehicle. The Viper only makes 640, but its also a sports car, not a muscle car. It makes you wonder if the Viper will see a increase in power to produce more than this Hellcat. Viper has always been the most potent Dodge on the road.

I was at least hoping for low 10's with all the media coverage this thing was getting lol

Definitely not a huge engine in an already huge car. I'd be impressed if those suckers still weighed as much as they did when they first came out. But I guess that's to be expected from American companies. Always about flaunting their big motors and shiny superchargers. For $20000 more I could have a V6 that runs 10s and can actually take a turn.
I agree, I wish it was lighter, but thats not the trend in American muscle cars, or really anything American for that matter lol.
Bigger, Badder, Faster, Louder sums this up

I'm assuming your referencing the GTR? Apples to Oranges comparison. I haven't seen a final pricing model for the hellcat yet, but new gtr starts at about 100k and the track version is 117k, this is likely to start around 70k. Again, its not comparable with a GTR, its closest competitors would be the gt500 and zl1.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Apples to Oranges comparison. I haven't seen a final pricing model for the hellcat yet, but new gtr starts at about 100k and the track version is 117k, this is likely to start around 70k. Again, its not comparable with a GTR, its closest competitors would be the gt500 and zl1.

Apples to oranges? I'm comparing a high performance car to another high performance car lol. It's not like one is a 1500HP dedicated drag car and the other a smart car :dontknow:

I'm sure the new hellcat will attract the senior citizen crowd however, since in my area those are always the ones driving the GT500s, ZR1s, and SRT8s. I guess I just think old cars are much cooler. And all the new technology and huge power outputs don't phase me.

the.greg

Reaction score
Apples to oranges? I'm comparing a high performance car to another high performance car lol. It's not like one is a 1500HP dedicated drag car and the other a smart car :dontknow:

I'm sure the new hellcat will attract the senior citizen crowd however, since in my area those are always the ones driving the GT500s, ZR1s, and SRT8s. I guess I just think old cars are much cooler. And all the new technology and huge power outputs don't phase me.

I disagree there. You are comparing a muscle car to what many consider a super car. They just are not comparable, and as I pointed out not even in the same price range.

AWD, fancy electronics, dual clutch to a RWD muscle car

If new technology and huge power outputs don't phase you, then a GTR wouldn't impress you much either ;)

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Anything that's not a big hefty V8 impresses me. V8s are overrated. I want a 2JZ or RB20DET-R... now that would be cool. I could spank on all the little hondas with my asian crossbreed mustang like I've always dreamed of doing.

And GTR ain't no supercar. It's just an overly cooked piece of rice. Tis' all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online