Looks like Ford and GM are gonna get stomped...

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is a pretty interesting debate. Its impressive to have factory reliability and still run low 11's. The big question is what is it going to cost in comparison. The trouble I have always had with Mopar is they cost so much more. On average, a loaded GT vs a loaded SRT8 will have a $10k discrepancy

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Anything that's not a big hefty V8 impresses me. V8s are overrated. I want a 2JZ or RB20DET-R... now that would be cool. I could spank on all the little hondas with my asian crossbreed mustang like I've always dreamed of doing.

And GTR ain't no supercar. It's just an overly cooked piece of rice. Tis' all.
There was one 2jz swap sn95.... it was lack luster performance wise if I recall correctly.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Damn Ferocious, you say some pretty dumb shit.

The reason "older people" own Shelby's, ZL1s, and will own the Hellcat is simple - they can afford it. Your tune would change if you could afford one of these cars. I just got back from a small dyno gathering this morning with Mustang GTs, a '13 Shelby, a few vettes, and other LS-based muscle like GXPs and whatnot. Lots of superchargers, lots of power - and nobody over 40.

Oh, sinking 20 grand into some shitty V6 is retarded, and you'd still get crushed on a road course when the "big V8 car pulls 10 buslengths on you in the straights, and is equally fast in the corners.

Paul.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
This is a pretty interesting debate. Its impressive to have factory reliability and still run low 11's. The big question is what is it going to cost in comparison. The trouble I have always had with Mopar is they cost so much more. On average, a loaded GT vs a loaded SRT8 will have a $10k discrepancy

I don't think the gap is that big. A fully loaded GT is about ~$47K ish if I remember correctly. A SRT 392 is $49K ish. Of course, with the loaded GT you get a glass roof and Recaros.

Paul.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn Ferocious, you say some pretty dumb shit.

The reason "older people" own Shelby's, ZL1s, and will own the Hellcat is simple - they can afford it. Your tune would change if you could afford one of these cars. I just got back from a small dyno gathering this morning with Mustang GTs, a '13 Shelby, a few vettes, and other LS-based muscle like GXPs and whatnot. Lots of superchargers, lots of power - and nobody over 40.

Oh, sinking 20 grand into some shitty V6 is retarded, and you'd still get crushed on a road course when the "big V8 car pulls 10 buslengths on you in the straights, and is equally fast in the corners.

Paul.

Paul, do not feel offended because I said old people buy the newer, more expensive cars. It was nothing personal. It's just what I see around here.
Thank you for attempting to dissect and provide a rebuttal for my opinion. However, it is my opinion.

Also, that dyno gathering sounds like alot of fun. I wonder how many people argued about having the bigger engine and making the most power. Did they compare rod sizes too (if ya know what I mean
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
).

On a serious note, don't take any of my posts to heart. I'm just here to trololol. It's what I get paid to do. Or at least I think it is.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the gap is that big. A fully loaded GT is about ~$47K ish if I remember correctly. A SRT 392 is $49K ish. Of course, with the loaded GT you get a glass roof and Recaros.

Paul.

When building on the websites (what I usually use to compare, straight from the company website pricing) I left off the glass roof and such. Trying to make the 2 cars as identical as possible. I even threw the Camaro into the mix, it was still a bit more than the GT.

Either way, I think the Challenger is awesome, and beautiful, just waiting for someone to let me drive theirs haha (driven SRT8's, referring the Hellcat here obviously)

the.greg

Reaction score
The rumor mill claims the pricing for the hellcat will start at $54k. Not proven to be fact yet, but those are the figures a source within SRT "leaked".

This will be an incredible value if that price is legit.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
The rear end won't handle many hard launches before it comes apart. Its a 4000lb boat. And they are behind the times.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

chaos254

Reaction score
11.2 on street tires. It traps 126 which is good for mid 10s with some good tires. I saw this car at Mopar Carlisle yesterday and its a beast.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Video of said 11.2?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Carnage281

Reaction score

Paul.

Lol Who told you that lie?

the.greg

Reaction score
Waiting for more info
....quarter mile time is cool if its real....

But what else....

The 1/4 mile times were NHRA certified, whatever that means. 10.8 with drag radials, 11.2 on stock tires.

The pricing was one of the last things released, most of the other details about the car have been available for about a week now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online