Lost car....

apsmith49921

Reaction score
no i didnt lose my car... Long story short about 7 years ago i had a torch red mach 1. some things went knockity knock, got glittery and you know the rest. So i attempted to rebuild it via a junk yard teksid and the mach 1 upper engine stuff. It never ran again after i assembled it. From what i believe to be a bad rotating assembly. Anyway id like to locate the car and see if its still local and if it ever ran again. Here is the vin 1FAFP42R83F423859. any ideas on where i can look to find the owner.

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
That's very odd. So owner 4 is myself. But I registered the car in Illinois around 2011 but that doesnt show. I also never smogged the car. I moved back to Illinois in 2010 after I got out of the marine corps

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Someone with a publicdata.com account could probably look that info up for you, or if you are truly interested, you could purchased it yourself. I had one guy locate my very first car, which was totaled and sold 8 years prior to requesting a “vehicle inquiry” directly from the DMV. Cost $2. I was STILL the last registered owner. So I filed for a lost title, and picked up my abandoned car :D

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
ive sort of been down the rabbit hole on the cobra lately digging into accident info. White95 got me the carfax which did a little better than the vin report i purchased on my own prior to owning. I just wanted to know what happened. So i called a Reynolds collision shop near St. Joseph, MO and the guy told me that wasnt them it was Reynolds Auto Sales that buys salvage cars and fixes them, but that place doesn't exist. To get those records from the DMV needs to be done by a PI or some other gov/sate employee which i am not. (personal information i guess)

If i found that car in a non running state and it was like 500 bucks to pick it up i totally would, despite the ass chewing i would receive. I may look into the publicdata.com and see what i can come up with.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
If i found that car in a non running state and it was like 500 bucks to pick it up i totally would, despite the ass chewing i would receive. I may look into the publicdata.com and see what i can come up with.

confirm that they can look up data in IL first. They probably can, there’s just some states that don’t, mostly CA. I used to have free access and had loads of fun doxxing people with it. Not on social media though, more like a parlor trick to scare friends and such. I would do it for you if I still had access, but unfortunately I don’t.

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Illinois isn't too bad. I'm pretty sure its on the list. Idk if 30 bucks is worth it or not. I think Missouri has a protection act for drivers so I won't be able to use it on the cobra. Be nice to kill 2 birds 1 stone

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online