Lost my lug key!!

Denunzio36

Reaction score
I lost my lug key to the wheels on my stang. I've also been to every Ford dealershp and non of their keys match up. Any suggestions on how'd I go about getting it off? I don't care to salvage the lugs...I'm going to put regular ones on after these come off. Thanks

fordtech

Reaction score
go to a tire shop they have a socket that can remove any stripped lugnuts and locks

Downshift

Reaction score
I work at sears and we take them off all the time. Ruins them thats for sure. I dont know about any others but when we do it, most of them have to have the socket pounded on for the teeth to bite the lug and just today a guy had the same problem as you. He had some really expensive 20 inch rims though and non of the techs would touch it mostly becuase the chance of jacking the rim up so dont get to frustrated if one or two shops wont do it for ya. Good luck.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
that happened to me; my dad works at ford and he brought home a kit where u pound on different size adapters and it takes the lug nut right off. it worked great...u just need to find a kit at an auto parts or something it takes 10 minutes.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
maybe try one of those gator grips? one size socket that fit all different types of lugs and bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online