lost my mustang passion

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Austinx56, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Austinx56

Austinx56 Well-Known Member

since my mom passed this past may, I have completely lost my interest in the mustang community even step down from running a red mustang club with about 600 people it left social networking all together, So i figured i would get back here on this page where it all started and I was pretty active back in the day. I plain on adding a s351 wing, was going to get black chrome saleen wheels but all I read was horror stories about them flaking. I have to repaint the front and rear bumpers due to the paint chipping hope to have that complete after Christmas. got into modding my bmw and was in a local bimmer club but lost interest there to plus its crazy expensive modding those cars. So I figured i post the most recent pics of the stang and see what you bros think...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. blackdemon007

blackdemon007 Active Member

Sorry for your loss.

I hope you find your enthusiasm again, these things always take time.
    The car is beautiful by the way.

As for the black chrome wheels, I have also heard a lot of complaints due to flaking, but I have FR500s in black chrome and no issues for 2 years now.

3. 96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra Well-Known Member

Love the car and move at your own pace bro.

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

4. 1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your loss -

I like the pics man! Car looks great! Seems like a great list to tackle for cosmetics and to get you back into things. Not sure what your specs are under the hood/suspension but you can always "pep" things up, make it more fun and responsive to drive. Good luck man!

5. stingracer

stingracer Member

Losses that big have a way of making other things seem unimportant. Nothing will replace that feeling but you will see your passions return.

Your Saleen btw looks amazing. If you keep your Saleen out of the elements and are using the right detergents flaking should be a non issue.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

6. Austinx56

Really appreciate the comments guys! The flaking came from the week before my mom passed, I let her take it out to the beach, since she bought me the car in 07 when it was just a bone stock 94 gt, so when she was pulling into the garage she tap the wall and it chipped the front, so in a panic she put it in reverse and tapped the rear bumper. So that's what I need to fix first. I want to replace the upper and lower intake, now that I have my own house I can put in the Saleen racecraft springs, when I was at my mom's house she lived on a big hill..

7. CobraClone94

CobraClone94 Active Member

When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
    Sorry for your loss, We lost a daughter to cancer 4.5 years ago she was a twin and 5 years old when she passed.. My passion died for everything including mustangs... Even tried to sell the car couple times.. it was rough.

But life goes on, whether we want to go along with it or not.. It'll leave us in the corner crying and carry on like we never existed.. sad but true.

I took some amazing advice from the community here, and kept the car, stored it... just let it sit, it didn't owe me anything.. so why not..

Here is it almost 5 years later.. and just yesterday i was doing 3rd gear pulls on the back roads.. with a smile as wide as my rear tires.. :) (Wider).

Things will always get better.

Glad to see you back..

-Peace

8. ttocs

ttocs Legend

Sorry to hear about your loss, cancer sucks for sure if for nothing else then watching your loved ones suffer so much. I had a similar situation and a good scare the last 4 months when my mother developed vertigo from what turned out to be an inner ear problem. At the same time my pops had a hip replacement and suddenly I was the nurse for the two of them when I wasn't sick from my usual stuff. It put things into perspective this year and last week when mom asked if we wanted to get out the Christmas decorations all we thought was that with all we went through we didn't need to waste the energy. We knew what was important and it wasn't any decorations, we have everything we need already out now.

If the love of the car was strong enough if will return. If not then it wasn't that important after all.

9. Sinned83

Sinned83 Well-Known Member

yeah man, life can be difficult at times. It's how you handle it that defines you. Time helps somewhat. I think you also might be suffering from the beat down FSU gave your gators.

The car looks great as always, the transformation has been incredible. This is one of the cleanest builds

10. Burninriverdiver

Burninriverdiver Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your loss brother, there's really nothing anyone can say to heal it, just takes time. Glad to see you back on here starting to re-kindle the mustang love. I'm sure there's plenty of things that seem tasteless right now, but in due time your interests will be back. That's good your mom took your car to the beach and could share the enjoyment of the car with you, and you have the memory of her purchasing it. That in itself would make it painful but worth holding onto for the positive memories. Keep at it, this car is definitely a beauty, red Saleen verts aren't an every day sighting for me

11. Austinx56

man thats terrible im glad to hear things are looking up, we lost my brother back in 07 and my mom was in a depression till about 2013, im trying to not to just sit around and watch life go by and miss out on being positive and having fun. ive been keeping in mind what she would want me to do, she was the one i was closest to, this past November was her bday and it was weird but not as bad as i thought.
    thanks a lot for your imput, its kinda therapeutic to talk about this stuff i feel. greatly appreciated

12. Austinx56

thanks bud, yeah we have a good 6 games and ban they suspend our best qb since tebow, now today he is leaving UF. oh no we suck again!

13. evilcw311

evilcw311 Most Evil Mod! Staff Member Staff

University of Florida?!?!?

Oh yeah!!! I remember them!! My Cardinals were suppose to get spanked by them a few years back in the sugar bowl...........

I think we all remember what really happened!!!! :)

But on the flip side of this conversation, I lost my dad when I was younger. It still is hard on some days but I just live every day hoping that I'm at least half the man he wanted me to be knowing he's up there giving me dirty looks when I do something stupid...........

It was once said "this too shall pass". It never fully does but it gets easier.

Knowing that she got to enjoy dropping the top to cruise that beauty to the beach is all the more reason to keep it. You know you have something she enjoyed.

Good luck & keep at it!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

14. Austinx56

thank you guys a lot, its been a long affair with this car, i almost sold it when she scrapped the bumpers but since its paid for i plain to keep it as long as possible.
    this was back in 08 when i was getting into the modding of these cars, x-edition was this local builder's idea he had a few other ones around the area that he sold kinda like rouch saleen, others had the performance upgrades my was just cosmetic's at the time
    [​IMG]
    then i bought speedster covers and got rid of the decals
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

them came the bodykit, had some black bullit wheels
    [​IMG]
    traded the bullit wheels for cobra wheels, guess i was trying to make a slobra
    [​IMG]

15. Austinx56

[MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] look what i found
    [​IMG]

16. evilcw311

evilcw311 Most Evil Mod! Staff Member Staff

She's a beauty for sure, just needs a lol'moar low....... :)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

17. Austinx56

thats the first thing when i get the bumpers painted
    not the best angle but this was her house, see the crazy steep driveway
    [​IMG]

now living here we just got this place in september
    [​IMG]

18. Austinx56

i used to keep my car at her house for the garage when I was living at a apartment complex

19. PinkieT

PinkieT Well-Known Member

Lost my mom a week before Christmas a few years ago. Makes the holidays hard. I feel she is still watching over me sometimes. Yours would probably want you to be happy and enjoy the Mustang.

20. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I know there isn't really anything I can say to help the situation. Especially nothing you haven't already heard. But you better believe we are all here for you dude.

I've been missing you so I'm glad to see you back.

On another note, I see the new sig. You on with the boys in blue? PM me in regard to that.