Loud pop/bang came from front of car while driving

mustangcobra

Reaction score
I was driving and getting on the car pretty hard around a turn and all the sudden I heard a loud pop/bang from the front right of the car almost like a tire blowout type noise I have checked everything and there doesnt seem to be any thing that looks not normal and it runs and rides fine anyone have any ideas what that could of been?
Thanks!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No fluids leaking? No change in driving? Anything hanging?

Did you hit a bump or anything? Rock?

I have no idea. Not a ton of information to go on... "I pressed gas, heard sound, what is it?"

copmagnet

Reaction score
Hey man, if the car still drives normally, and nothing is obvious, screw it. if there is an issue you will find it in the next couple days lol.

OP
OP
mustangcobra

mustangcobra

Reaction score
No fluids leaking? No change in driving? Anything hanging?

Did you hit a bump or anything? Rock?

I have no idea. Not a ton of information to go on... "I pressed gas, heard sound, what is it?"

I dont have much info because its was so random I was just really going really hard around a turn then gave it a bunch of gas and then bang thought I had a blow out at first, but nope no leaking fluids, nothing hanging the only thing that did happen was my rpm's dropped as soon as it happened then went back up but I drove it for a while after and nothing happened and no change in the way it rides or the engine more just wondering as to what it was

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
only thing that did happen was my rpm's dropped as soon as it happened then went back up

That doesn't sound particularly good...

But like posted above if nothing has changed nothing really you can do... If there's an issue it will make an apperance soon enough...

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Intake backfire is definitely what it is. Check your o2 sensors. My buddy's accord does that shit because of his o2 that he refuses to replace haha. He had put a different o2 in and it went away lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 now Free

copmagnet

Reaction score
interesting. I honestly had never heard that before. I had a backfire with nitrous. let me tell you what, took me months to scrub the brown star out of my seat.

NJcobra94

Reaction score
intake backfire sounds right... also check coil packs, plug wires, etc..(assuming it a modular) sounds like you lost spark for some reason and it loaded up on fuel, and once you regained spark it all ignited.. something may be loose and the sharp turn loosened it to where is could make a good connection... I've has this happen with my 5.0 when the coil wire loosed and lost spark.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Im gonna go with it being a back fire, youll be fine and if you aren't then you shouldn't of listened to information you found on the internet LOL!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
idunno even if it was a backfire there is a bigger problem somewhere that caused it. I mean if the o2 sensor was was bad I would assume the car would not be running smoothly and probably have a CEL. have you tried to pull any err codes just to see if something pops up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online