low idle rpm only about 300-400 and won't rev over 1100 in park

lutter94

Reaction score
You'd have to shove the multimeter pins thru the back side of the connector with it still plugged in.

87hurricane

Reaction score
Yeah, the tps needs to be plugged in to get the reading. You can try to sneak the meter probes in through the back side of the connector, or bare a little bit of wire. You can also stick a pin through the wires and take your readings off them.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I think the TPS and MAF are okay after probing the harness's with the multimeter I know the TPS voltage was what the Haynes manual specified I don't know if I probed the MAF right or not for sure but if I did the voltage is okay. But I can have the pedal to the floor and it won't always go over 1000-2000 sometimes it'll go up to around 4000 but that's about it in drive won't ever get over about 2000 revving in idle though

toyman

Reaction score
Please to not use TB cleaner on the MAF. Use either MAF cleaner, electrical contact or un-chlorinated brake cleaner. TB cleaner will leave a film on the MAF sensor. That's not good. The IAC is a solenoid that is either open or closed. The voltage to the IAC is pulsed to allow air to flow around the TB butterfly valve when it's closed at idle. The solenoid shaft is protected by a bellows so that's all you will clean. The IAC usually works or doesn't.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Well I do know that there's missing and or broken vacuum lines all over the car and I don't know where they go, which ones I can safely delete without affecting the engine/performance. Can anyone who has an 94-95 GT or had one help me figure out where they go and which ones I can cap off/delete safely?

I think this is for the air bypass valve don't know if I need it or not

I know where the red and green goes off this don't know where I think it's pink goes to I'm thinking the air bypass valve plus don't know if I really need it or not

Don't know what this is for and or if it's even in the right place/hooked up right or anything

This one was broken and I don't know where it goes

This one was also broken and don't know where it goes

TT94SVT

Reaction score
Fixing those vacuum leaks will help a lot. look at your intake manifold and see if there are any spots were the lines are disconnected. You can always cap off the the leaks as well

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Well I've noticed an hissing sound coming from the IAC valve itself its around that area and only place I could see the hissing sound/vacuum leak coming from if the IAC valve is leaking will it cause low and poor idle?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Doesn't affect the revving issue though does it? Had a buddy tell me he thinks there's clutches or something seized in my transmission that's putting strain on the motor not allowing it to rev and run right.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Hi I has someone on another forum say it sounds like the ECT sensor might be bad upon researching found out how much it controls and noticed when I got it home and started working on it the wires that plug into the connector are bare and looks like they've been burnt and shorted out sometime or another.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Bad torque converter can cause low idle, and very low stall speed on the engine (not letting it rev). It could be sluggish on take off and feel really really down on power.

BranSVT

Reaction score
I had this issue with my 3.8 automatic stang. I found that my transmission fluid was bone dry. Filled it up and it ran great.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I had this issue with my 3.8 automatic stang. I found that my transmission fluid was bone dry. Filled it up and it ran great.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Mine was low so I dropped the pan again to find out where the leak was think it was the pan gasket leaking but the factory reusable gasket back an hasn't leaked since but filling it up with fluid again didn't help with the low revving in park at all.

BranSVT

Reaction score
Mine was low so I dropped the pan again to find out where the leak was think it was the pan gasket leaking but the factory reusable gasket back an hasn't leaked since but filling it up with fluid again didn't help with the low revving in park at all.
Have you driven it since you filled it?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I'd definitely like to drive it some but hate to be in town at an intersection or something and it totally go out. I'm thinking it's the torque converter seizing and or clutches. Thanks for trying to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online