Low Oil light

Rincewind

Reaction score
Hi All

Have a strange fault with my 96 Cobra, if the car is left parked on a slope (front of car pointing down the slope) and the car is restarted, the low oil light warning appears. Manually checked the oil level (when car is level) and there is plenty of oil, even the gauge on the dash says there is plenty of oil.

If the car is then parked on a level piece of ground, left for 20 mins or so, and restarted the light does not come on.

Any ideas what could be faulty ?
(I'm guessing the low oil sensor but why not report low oil all the time not just when car has been on a slope)

Thanks in advance

Grant

gt96stang

Reaction score
Because the car is on a slope, the oil moves away from the sensor and thus, low oil light comes on.. once you get it back on level ground, it's good to go..

Oh, and don't trust that dummy gauge on the dash..

OP
OP
R

Rincewind

Reaction score
gt96stang said:
Because the car is on a slope, the oil moves away from the sensor and thus, low oil light comes on.. once you get it back on level ground, it's good to go..

Oh, and don't trust that dummy gauge on the dash..

Thanks will remember about the gauge, good to know its not faulty its a "design " feature to make sure you remember to check the oil level every time you go for a ride!!

I take there is not a lot can be done to stop the warning light coming on apart from not parking on a slope.

Grant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.