Low RPM stumble/miss under load

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I'm tempted to buy a set of MSD. FRPP has no warranty, so I'm lucky Jegs is going to refund. MSD has a 1 year warranty. Plus, I also have a set of MSD coils now sitting on a shelf. Should I use them? They made the misfire with the FRPP wires worse, but I'm assuming the additional spark might have made it arc easier.

My car and my old GT ran fine with the MSD coils. Just make sure to plug the wire into all the way into the coil. I am going to put mine back on...

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Rock Auto has these:

MOTORCRAFT WR5875 {#F7PE12259HA, F7PZ12259HA} Info
Heart.png

prevIMGbig.png

F7PZ12259HA-ANG__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$73.79

Premium
collapseh.gif

I was just looking at those the other day. I think that may be my best bet.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I replaced the Ford Racing plug wires today with a used set of wires I got used for $23.00. No more stumble... I also put the MSD coils back on.

I am going to see if Late model resto Will warranty them. Eventually I will buy something different but not sure what.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
I placed my order for MSD plug wires today. I'll report back on how they work out. In other news, one of the MSD coils I bought used is bad... That sucks as I can't use one MSD coil.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I'll be curious to know how you like the MSD wires. Bummer about the bad coil.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
This is a very interesting thread. My car developed a "low rpm" stumble as well last year. I also have the FRPP blue wires that's been on the car for atleast 5-7 years now. I also bought new upstream o2 sensors because I remember seeing a code long ago before I cleared it. Thanks for the clues guys.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
indeed this is good for people to read. I never would have thought it was plug wires on mine and tried all kinds of stuff first, discounting my FRPP relatively new wires as being the culprit, but they were. won't make that mistake again.....

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
MSD wires are installed and have no misfire. I'll keep this thread updated as I put more miles on them.

OP
OP
F

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Just to bump this up, I've put another 5k on the MSD wires over the course of a year or so and the car has been nothing short of flawless. Runs great. Highly recommend the MSD wires over those suffering from the FRPP junk wires.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I have set of red Taylor 10mm wires from a friend of mine that he had on his and then he gave them to me when he converted his car to coil on plug. have not installed them yet as I have a new set of wires on mine now that I had replaced the ford racing ones that went bad in like a year.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
seeing this article it seems like people test if the cables are bad by putting new ones on. You can test the cables with an multimeter set to ohms to measure their resistance. Just slap the meter on either end(touching the metal inside the boots) and see what the reading is. The reading can vary greatly between brands to where I can't tell you what number you should have, but the numbers you read should all be pretty close to each other. Also try to bend the boot area a little bit and see if at any point if you can get the meter to show no resistance or an open/broken cable. Finally the last little bit of good info to know about cables is try not to pull them off or push them on while they and the motor is hot. The spring clip that snaps onto the plug doesn't like it and it you will end up with loose ends on them. You may or may not have known all this already but wanted to make sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online