Lower seats?

indy3

Reaction score
I’m the proud new owner of a ‘94 Cobra, black with the saddle interior.
Problem is, this is a 25 year old car and the OE seats are shot. The leather is dried out, the seat bottoms are worn out and the power adjusters barely work, etcetera.
I’d like to get some aftermarket seats, but want something that sits lower than stock. I’m 6’3” tall and feel like my head is in the roof.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I am 6'4' so I get it. I have Corbeau CR1 seats . They make adapter plates that bolt to the bottom of the seats and those bolt to Mustang manual tracks. You can find the tracks for cheap at the pick and pull.

The seats sit way lower and further back than the stockers.

OP
OP
I

indy3

Reaction score
I am 6'4' so I get it. I have Corbeau CR1 seats . They make adapter plates that bolt to the bottom of the seats and those bolt to Mustang manual tracks. You can find the tracks for cheap at the pick and pull.

Thanks for getting back to me... Just to clarify, you used a Ford manual track/slider and mounted the Corbeau Adapter Bracket (P/N A22021, $49.00) to that, then the seat?

Is it significantly lower?

Thanks again!

delling3

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Corbeau has discontinued the CR1 seat. Perhaps you can find some still in stock with a distributor.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The CR1 is only one option. Corbeau has several other really nice reclining bucket options.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have the GT2's by corbeau and like them and I think they are a little lower. Only being 5'10" its never been an issue. There is always the option of a gurney bubble to be different...

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
P/N A22021, $49.00 is what you want. The adapters are just 2 plates that bolt to the seat and the mustang bracket bolts to it. The are not like what is pictured. I can barely fit in an SN with stock seats. The difference is big.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I found my seats used and bought a microsuede kit from Corbeau and recovered them. I think I spent less than $700.00.

RVPILOT

Reaction score
I installed seats out of 2012 Mustang, just used my manual seat brackets and drilled holes to match the brackets. Much lower now and the ride is much better

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
If i come across a nice set of newer mustang seats I would like to do that.

Reaction score
Best looking brown interior I've seen in an SN.

Thanks I totally agree, then again I'm biased! Seriously though, it has blown a few minds as most saddle interiors I see are trashed, swapped out, or have some off color Chinese racing seats in them.. It wasn't cheap but I got exactly what I wanted.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the headrest has me confused I am pretty sure mine are GT II's but they have a different headrest

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Not in my SN95, but in my Fox. I previously had a set of 99-04 GT leather seats in this car. Was a comfortable seat and looked great in the car, but it sat high. I'm 6'1".

Swapped them out for a set of Recaro LSB's and the seating position is MUCH better. I can actually sit upright, vs the serious recline i need to do in 99-04 seats. I feel like i get in and sit DOWN into these seats, vs the high seating position of the 99-04 seats

39C7D3D9-ACF7-4757-B753-EAD99CF3EC8F.jpeg

When I switch between my Fox and my SN95, it's a noticable difference. I seriously need to recline the seats in my '00 as far back as they will go, and then the headrest is so far away from my actual head. Looks very awkward. The bolstering on these recaro's is a bit too aggressive for daily driving. The side bolster is huge on the Recaro LS. I prefer the Recaro LX style side bolster like above. I might look into some S550 seats if i can confirm I can get them to mount much lower to the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online