Lowered mustang with side exit exhaust

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
Mods if this is in the wrong area feel free to move
Here we go ,
I have a 95 mustang gt sitting on eibach sport line spring. This dropped my car a good 2 inches from stock height I am also sitting on 17 in Bullitt with 255/45 nitto. Motivas in the front and and 315/35 in the rear my question is how bad will I scrap with side exit exhaust because I have a chance to get a set of side skirts for a really good price pl
726420e4bffbf355935fb8b466eadd5a.jpg
e91ff73589b20ae70bb4f24ae0084c2b.jpg
fe2ea123bc619d7c8d7aa2a3a2b66e75.jpg

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Depends where you are driving and what you are driving over

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Moved to general tech.

Are you on stock shocks/struts?
Depends how you drive and what you're driving over.
IMO, you're likely going to have issues.

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Same as everyone else above says. Depends on where you drive and how you drive. My car is also lowered on Sportlines with no ISO's and I have to be pretty cautious at times due to the conditions of a lot of the roads I drive on locally. There are a few railroad crossings in and around town and a lot of the blacktop country roads I drive on have some pretty rough spots/patches in them. The only rubbing issues I've had were with my exhaust but it was only due to a broken hanger which has been fixed now and no issues at all. You just have to keep in mind 'ok now the profile of my car is a few inches closer to the ground than it was so I have to monitor what's coming my way on the road.'

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my car would drag on areas at stock ride height before I bagged it. The skirts hang down almost 3" from the bottom of the car so add that to your current stance and you will have a very hard time keeping the skirts from dragging and breaking.

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
Same as everyone else above says. Depends on where you drive and how you drive. My car is also lowered on Sportlines with no ISO's and I have to be pretty cautious at times due to the conditions of a lot of the roads I drive on locally. There are a few railroad crossings in and around town and a lot of the blacktop country roads I drive on have some pretty rough spots/patches in them. The only rubbing issues I've had were with my exhaust but it was only due to a broken hanger which has been fixed now and no issues at all. You just have to keep in mind 'ok now the profile of my car is a few inches closer to the ground than it was so I have to monitor what's coming my way on the road.'
I have to do the same as well and that is my only reserve
my car would drag on areas at stock ride height before I bagged it. The skirts hang down almost 3" from the bottom of the car so add that to your current stance and you will have a very hard time keeping the skirts from dragging and breaking.
Damn it would look so Damn good though

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I agree and that is why I have them, and air bags. Its hard to find the skirts in good condition because they hang down so low.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of them break on the very back by the hole for the exhaust from scraping. Idunno if its just me but having ground effects and a lowered car looses points when there are parts of the ground effects that are missing.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If the car is staying at the height in the pics in the first post then just go for it. The car isn't near low enough to have to worry about the side exhaust skirts scraping.

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
If the car is staying at the height in the pics in the first post then just go for it. The car isn't near low enough to have to worry about the side exhaust skirts scraping.
It is staying the height it is now. I do have to worry about scrapping over speed bumps and things of that nature I normally take it easy over them

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It is staying the height it is now. I do have to worry about scrapping over speed bumps and things of that nature I normally take it easy over them

I wouldn't worry about it at that height. There's a couple guys on here with those skirts and maybe they can shed some light but I really don't think you'll have any problems.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Could Rip off the side skirts

My side skirts scrape on speedbumps and whenever driveways level out and I don't have the luxury of airing up like Ttocs. I guarantee if they're properly installed they won't rip off. Mine are held on by like 4 push in fasteners and 1 bolt and haven't ripped off yet. You have nothing to worry about.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am tellin ya I had mine on when it was still at stock ride height and you WILL find places to scrap/drag even at stock height. Not sure where you live or how the roads are made as out in az the speedbumps were big enough to make large trucks slow down and the curb to allow for the run-off was steep enough at some places that I would scrape on right hand turns off of major roads. Now here in Indiana I have pot holes to dodge and RR tracks to worry about but the speed bumps are a normal height and who cares, it have air ride now anyway.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Another thing to think about ...do you have subframes? If so your side pipes have to clear those too & they will need to be flattened or they will hit everything...I'm not doing my side pipes until I can bag mine...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online