Lowering Questions

GreenPony95

Reaction score
hey guys, ive picked up some springs for my 95gt should lower the car close to 2.5, ive got stock rims and some upr caster camber plates coming. Been talking to a couple people about it had one guy say i pretty much need new bushings ball joints all this shit, and some others say i should be fine with just that but if i wanna keep my alingment to get a bumpsteer kit. Ive got about 2-3weeks before the parts go in any extar help/ideas would be awesome! :banana:

FASTANG

Reaction score
2.5" seems like a lot. What springs did you get?
You could probably (2.5" can make alot of geomerty out of whack) get away
with just doing springs, but I would not if it were mine.

FWIW, when I lowered mine 1.5 inches, I could have just done the springs,
but I did not want to install shock/struts later. Many said that stock shocks/
struts would be like driving a pogo stick, bouncing all over :noes:. Not what I wanted.
I did X2 balljoints, springs, shocks/struts, and CC plates all at once to be done with it.

OP
OP
G

GreenPony95

Reaction score
o ok, the springs are sport techniques, now the x2 ball joints are those from a specific company or a model type.

The Green GT

Reaction score
2.5 inches is ALOT. I am lowered 2 inches and I cant even fit my balled up fist under my exhaust.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
The only lowering springs for mustangs I know that will give you
a 2.5" drop is the JBA sport springs.C/C plates,shocks and struts,and a alignment
are a must for that low of a drop.

The Green GT

Reaction score
Yea you will def need C/C plates but i think you said you had them. When I lowered my car 2 inches with H&R SS I could actually SEE the wheels leaning in.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Eibach Sportline springs will also give you the drop you are looking for.

OP
OP
G

GreenPony95

Reaction score
i looked on line the springs give a 2 1/4 or sumtin like that lol (same as the sportline) ya it is a lot.
but i got them for a steal lol.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Steve-Oh said:
Def should get the bumpsteer kit. You SHOULD be able to get away with only doing springs. BUT I would strongly reccomend getting more stuff and do it right the first time.
Yes Steve a Steeda bumpsteer kit would be a good idea in his case.

Hybrid Freak

Reaction score
If you dont get caster camber plates you will hate the ride quality. As far as ball joint thats BS. In the future consider shocks/struts and adjustable lower control arms (for pinion angle).

94twinscrew

Reaction score
That's a huge drop,and without the proper upgrades,it's going to ride like crap. I wouldn't even think about it unless you plan on buying bilstiens,C/C plates,and adj LCA'S. Anything more than 2'' is just crazy on a DD imo...my 88 was slammed,and i ended up ripping off my exhaust on a man hole cover while I was going 40mph......ruined the whole undercarriage. :puke:

OP
OP
G

GreenPony95

Reaction score
lol, springs are goin in sat, cc plates when they get here and a bump steer kit 2 weeks, know can i use new oem shocks n struts or should i just
get some tokico hp's?

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
That's a huge drop,and without the proper upgrades,it's going to ride like crap. I wouldn't even think about it unless you plan on buying bilstiens,C/C plates,and adj LCA'S. Anything more than 2'' is just crazy on a DD imo...

+1 ... do it riight the first time IMO. As long as you have the 4 bolt CC plates, some adjustable tie rods, and new ball joints you should be ok. The factory shocks will now wear 10x's faster then normal and will have to be replaced shortly anyways so why not get them now and do it now while you have everything apart?! Makes sense but i understand money can be an issue, shocks and struts can be expensive.

OP
OP
G

GreenPony95

Reaction score
springs in! couldnt wait, looks killer handles well, next week cc plates n bumpsteer, pics tomo

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah i was going to say the eibach sport lines will give you that muc hof a drop. I would recommend getting CC and shocks and struts just since your doing springs might as well take care of all that not to mention it will save ya some rubber.

OP
OP
G

GreenPony95

Reaction score
916_5.0 said:
Yeah i was going to say the eibach sport lines will give you that muc hof a drop. I would recommend getting CC and shocks and struts just since your doing springs might as well take care of all that not to mention it will save ya some rubber.

the rubbers no issue, i just by used tires from a local shop, cost 300 for a set of 4 with 80% rubber
cc plates on the way here, and s/s are a def soon lol, so bouncy, much better handling though, oya found the
specs, they were 2 in the front and 1.8 in the rear!

OP
OP
G

GreenPony95

Reaction score
Re: Lowering Questions (b4 an after pics now)

b4 and after pics

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online