lowering springs.which ones??

97vertstang

Reaction score
well i want to drop my car and want to which spring are the best. its a 97 convertible.if u guys have pics and part numbers even better. :thumb:

ALITL8

Reaction score

Kiljosh

Reaction score
I sunno man I wouls seriously look into Ford Springs. C's specifically. Theyre pretty cheap, 140 I have found them for. And they llower your car .8 front, 1.4 in rear. Many people I know have gotten them and just cut a half to full coil off the front and were very happy with it once it settled.

Imho Eibachs are overpriced. H&R's are nice but again pretty pricey.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Kiljosh said:
C's specifically. Theyre pretty cheap, 140 I have found them for. And they llower your car .8 front, 1.4 in rear.

$119 at Stangstore.com... they were a couple of weeks ago anyway :dunno:

Kiljosh

Reaction score
DAMN! Well I know thats what I will be going with. C springs are a good drop without sacrificing too much drivability. I live in a hilly area and don't need to lose my tailpipes or front bumper to a hill... ;D

ALITL8

Reaction score
Kiljosh said:
DAMN! Well I know thats what I will be going with. C springs are a good drop without sacrificing too much drivability. I live in a hilly area and don't need to lose my tailpipes or front bumper to a hill... ;D

good luck with them... post pics!!! cant wait to get some time to get my springs and new shock/struts put in :)

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
more people seem to prefer the h&r springs so i might go with those.ill keep u updated if i do it.i got a suspension class in college and want to take advantage.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
My choices are very limited, my 99 Cobra has the IRS, so Ford Motorsport Cobra springs are what Im going with.

STNG_96

Reaction score
I got the eibach pro-kit, and have been very happy with them so far, 250 and parts, install, and alignment :)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess i'm the lone guy running Steeda Springs?
I have the Superlite Sports. About a 1.5 " drop all around. The ride quality is superb and handling is amazing.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I also run with the Steedas. They are a great set!!!Highly recommended :lol:

STNG_96

Reaction score
Car looks good, kinda hard to see the difference with that black paint

Foster98GT

Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Car looks good, kinda hard to see the difference with that black paint
Trust me its a Major difference. Glad i took everyones advice. Look at the big pic in my sig, you can see the wheel gap. Then look at the lowered side pics the drop is very noticeable.

Z28 This

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
My choices are very limited, my 99 Cobra has the IRS, so Ford Motorsport Cobra springs are what Im going with.

you need to stick a solid rear in that bitch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online