Lowering Springs

jpajkos

Reaction score
Sup guys I will be buying some H&R's from Art on here. Are they hard to put in? Can anyone share some ways they did it. Shops around here are asking way to much to put them in. Cheapest quote I got was 200 and to me that sucks. I rather put them in myself then take the car down to get it aligned. Thanks guys!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
honestly 200 doesnt sound bad for putting springs on :dunno: You may find something a little cheaper but I dont think a large amount lower. I didnt put mine on because of the IRS rear, I had my speed shop do it. I watched and there is a fair amount of bolts and such to remove to get the springs out and the new ones in, gotta be carefull with the spring removal and re- install........they CAN jump out and hurt ya.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I gave up $250.00 to have mine installed, i wasnt happy about it, it just had to be done!

nasmscott

Reaction score
I have actually done this a few times now on my 96. First...here is a link to give you some ideas and an overview
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/spring1.htm
I removed and replaced lowering springs that were already in place, so I did not need the spring compressor. To remove stockers, you may need it (or a good pry bar and patience). Place a jack under the spring you are working on (a-arm or rear LCA) and slowly lower to decompress the spring when the time comes. Make sure to get a new pinion snubber for the rear. If you are mildly competent it should take 5 hours (sh!t always takes a bit longer than you expect). Let me know if you need anymore info. Have fun.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was ebay today searching for a good deal on some H&R's Super sports springs. Really didn't find anything but I came across some spring that JDM makes. Lowers your car 2-2.5 inches and they said they look,feel,and are built with the same quality of the H&R's. They have buy it nows with shipping for 105 bucks. I thought this was too good to be true. What do you guys think? Has anyone heard of them or has them now?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I Have never heard of them...and yes they sound too good to be true....I wouldnt cut corners with this, get the H&Rs.

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
I have the same ons you are talking about off ebay , and yes they ride rough but handle great. I did mine my self , I like doing all the work on my car, I hate paying someone to do something that I am capeble of doing my self and plus its the whole point of owning a muscle car so you can wrench on it and mod it your self, but anyways you really need to get some spring compressers. If you take your time you should have no problem.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
You know with all the cars Ive had this is the first that Ive tried to work on. When it does go to the shop I'm asking how soon can i get it back. I've even started to buy tools....lol

97vertstang

Reaction score
SUTHRNSTANG97GT said:
I have the same ons you are talking about off ebay , and yes they ride rough but handle great. I did mine my self , I like doing all the work on my car, I hate paying someone to do something that I am capeble of doing my self and plus its the whole point of owning a muscle car so you can wrench on it and mod it your self, but anyways you really need to get some spring compressers. If you take your time you should have no problem.
do they sagg or anything abnormal????? what do u mean by rough??? im asking cause if they ride decent thats one hell of a price for springs.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
97vertstang said:
SUTHRNSTANG97GT said:
do they sagg or anything abnormal????? what do u mean by rough??? im asking cause if they ride decent thats one hell of a price for springs.

+1 on that I already bought a pair . I will post to let you know how they ride.

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
You just have to take it easy going over bumps in the road, because if you hit them too fast it will beat you to death. But I dont care because it handles great and it looks good, Its just a price you have too pay. :banana:

97vertstang

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
97vertstang said:
SUTHRNSTANG97GT said:

+1 on that I already bought a pair . I will post to let you know how they ride.
cool :thumb: want to know the results, some pics on how the car looks will help too , if u can.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
H&R's are the best IMO. 1.6 drop in the front and 1.75 in the rear. I ordered these springs off EBAY by JDM. They claim to be just as good as the H&R's. When they come in I will soon let you know about the ride quality etc.

Demolisher

Reaction score
dam i thought i was gonna have it ruff having to pay 80 bucks for both at a muffler shop lol guess not

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Paid 100 bucks for the springs and thats shipped to my door. They haven't arrived yet. Soon as they do I will defiantly post pics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online