LRCA?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Crickets! Everyone gone into a food coma, OD’d on L-Tryptophan and sleeping it off??? LOL

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wut?? What do you mean,”make it not work”?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Crickets! Everyone gone into a food coma, OD’d on L-Tryptophan and sleeping it off??? LOL

Well I opened this and seen who you mentioned and started drinking heavily.............

There’s been a few company’s who’ve made different versions of those. Some have used them and really enjoyed them. I don’t have personal experience with a set myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DD1D5512-C61D-4B59-AD20-F52B8669CB47.jpeg Evil,
I take it you don’t like Maximum MotorSports? Their front strut tower brace is a dine piece of kit.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 8063 Evil,
I take it you don’t like Maximum MotorSports? Their front strut tower brace is a dine piece of kit.

Their front strut tower brace ain’t much different from my factory one.

I don’t care for them myself. They’re overpriced and overhyped. I’m not saying they don’t make good stuff but there is plenty of other companies who make as good if not better stuff for better prices.

It’s a topic that has been debated here countless times over the years. We’ve had past members who’d pound their shit down your throat still your ready to vomit. Hence the drinking game we’ve made out of their name.

Some people will throw the entire catalog at their cars and that’s their prerogative which is fine. Others, myself included have no desire to sport any of their stuff. I have some very nice and high end suspension pieces and none of them have that name on it. It’s my choice to grab individual pieces from different companies who are really good at the certain things they individually do.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can respect that! So who would you recommend I look into for an adjustable LRCA?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can respect that! So who would you recommend I look into for an adjustable LRCA?

Check put the J&M Weight Jacker lower control arms. They make really awesome stuff.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I'm not as think as you drunk I am. MM!

Seriously, they look like decent pieces, but I have no personal experience with them.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
M&M makes great stuff. I have their K and front control arms and the fit was perfect and the quality top notch. Its one of those brands you will forget the price since you will probably never have to mess with it again.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wut?? What do you mean,”make it not work”?
What I meant by that is that often when we buy too many of these cool little toys that then suddenly they will not fit together. Too much cool shtuff I call it but I have not heard of any issues using the two brands together

TrickVert

Reaction score
I would not hesitate to buy MM parts again. I have their rear LCA's and CC plates. Are they expensive? Compared to the copycats, sometimes, yes. Are they "too" expensive? That depends on your personal needs and opinions. Will you regret buying MM products? I highly doubt it.

Specifically @Daryl: Do you need the adjustable LCA's? Likely not. My GT convertible with Eibach Pro-Kit springs (and anti-sway bars), rubber spring isolators up front, poly on the rear, and MM's non-adjustable LCA's sets as close to perfectly level as you can get. This was checked/verified with a 4-foot level on the rocker. Unless you're installing adjustable coil-overs up front, the adjustable rear LCA's will, IMO, be a waste of money.

TrickVert

Reaction score
Their front strut tower brace ain’t much different from my factory one.
Try fitting your factory STB around an aftermarket intake like my TFS piece and get back with us. :)

I don’t care for them myself. They’re overpriced and overhyped. I’m not saying they don’t make good stuff but there is plenty of other companies who make as good if not better stuff for better prices....

... It’s my choice to grab individual pieces from different companies who are really good at the certain things they individually do.
If you know exactly how those disparate parts will function together and can engineer the right combination, yes, you might actually be able to come up with a mix that will perform just as well or better than a single-brand solution. The large majority of people don't have access to the needed design engineering tools or an unlimited budget for a "let's try this and see how it works" approach. Steeda, MM, Eibach, Kenny Brown... They don't just make up a set LCA's, throw together a panhard bar setup, design front suspension parts, and pull a set of spring specs out of a drawer individually. They build their components with consideration of them being employed as parts of a coherent *system*. Did I need to buy MM CC plates and MM LCA's? No. In this case, one has almost nothing to do with the other, but I consider them to be top-shelf products, and worth the expense.

Much like a HCI setup, unless you're an experienced engine builder with the right knowledge and testing tools (or follow the advice of someone with that experience), if you use all the parts from one manufacturer who designed them to work together, one will almost always get better results than picking and choosing individual parts form different manufacturers.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bing! The light finally went on! Just occurred to me to compare the height of the two tires: 50 series vs 40 series, which I should have done before if my feeble brain was hittin on all cylinders!
And lo and behold... there’s the 2” gap! The 40’s are approximately 2”shorter in profile than the 50’s. Hence, the gap. Doh!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online