Lucky young man buying an 03 Sonic Blue Cobra!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mustanger, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Mustanger

Mustanger Well-Known Member

A friend of mine in our car club(open to all brands)...a diehard camaro driver& chevy fan in particular...had recently started working for a Ford dealership in sales. We all teased him for selling the to him, "dark side" brand but I told him to keep an open mind & really check out the new Mustangs. Well just as I hoped he learned about the quality of Mustangs and other Fords & quit bad mouthing them. He had never driven a Mustang before I don't think.

Well they took in a Sonic Blue 03 Cobra in trade from a regular older customer...single owner, regular documented maintenance, only 60,000 miles & completely stock! In fantastic shape inside & out with only the usual upholstery wear, no performance mods that we are aware of...going to talk to the owner today to verify. He really did not know how radical & awesome the Cobra was at first...was VERY impressed after I started listing all the changes Ford did to it, the Supercharged Forged engine...the easy horsepower gains possible & the cult like interest in this car!

He fell in love with the car, the color, and after an hour long talk about the Cobra specs/potential he decided to buy it! Trading in his 70's camaro for the Cobra...Woohoo, I enjoy his decision as much as he does I think. LOL. The dealer is giving him the employee price of $15,800 looks like, I think that is a real bargain...what say you guys?

Now he is going to have to endure all the teasing & calls of Traitor if the deal goes through. LOL...he is bringing it over to my house tonight for a look over...can't wait!

2. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

$15K seems like a really good deal for a low milage well maintained Cobra. He's lucky to have gotten the absolute best color they ever offered too! :thumbsup:

3. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

Thats awesome! If I could get my hands on a SB Termi for 15,800 I'd think I won the lotto. Thats an amazing deal.

4. 1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6 Well-Known Member

One lucky dude! That's a steal for a low mile stock Cobra in the best color possible!

5. D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT Well-Known Member

Lucky

6. Sinned83

Sinned83 Well-Known Member

At Least you guys helped that misguided fella. ID be all over it at that price. The dealer I bought my mach from was trying to fetch that $

7. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

$15k !!! ....uuuggghhh

8. Mustanger

Yeah that's what I thought too guys...heck of a deal! I was so tempted to buy if if he doesn't...but I'd probably be divorced too...lol

9. Sinned83

get your priorities together man... Terminator lol

10. Mustanger

LOL...after 44 years together I think I'm a goner!

[​IMG]

11. Sinned83

At least you got a sexy black mach out of the deal!

12. Mustanger

Went out & drove the Sonic Cobra tonight...before the dealer has detailed it up which I prefer. Car is as advertised! Appearance need some TLC like clabar & good waxing & cleaning...two of us volunteered to help him do the work! LOL..to us it is pure joy watching the beauty of it come out.
    Cons:
    Driverside seat bolster will need attention very soon but can be repaired & we have a club member with an upholstery shop.

Need to verify the clutch condition & readjust...I never realized hord much stronger Cobra clutches are over GT's...I found it hard & too far down on the floor for engagement

Stock shifter is terrible! No way to shift fast & secure...MGW or Steeda here we come!

Plus +

It runs good!!! Instantaneous Boost & that WHINE!

Baer Brakes & vented slotted drilled rotors...NICE BLING

Found Koni Yellow adjustables on it look fresh

Found oval Magnaflows on it full atercat & it sounds wonderful.

Good Bridgestone tires lots of even tread

Braked very well Stopped straight.

Engine quiet & idled smooth, accelerated clean no sign of belt slippage yet.

Running the stock pulley & cover! Looked strange to see the cover...

no leaks or drips

Needs:

Subframes, IRS beefup, SHIFTER, new headlights, hood Struts, Tint, Roush lowering springs,
    Smaller pulley, CAI, a good tune...long tubes

Pics after it is detailed & not night time!

13. DeepList

DeepList Administrator Admin SN95 Supporter

That's a good price for that car, and it sounds like it was pretty well taken care of too. Oh, and great job on bringing over another bow-tie fan to the dark side! I love it!