OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Which ones did you get?

Since they're going to take forever to get here...

Titanium.

BsXpQegl.jpg

Wanted something more interesting then black. I hate chrome, all the the other colors would look dumb with orange and didn't want neo. Titanium should be nice but subtle. Hope the finish is good on them, still going to be gentle for sure though.

I feel more comfortable that they're forged steel rather then AL.

Also mcglsr2 I confirmed on the rallysport site (not who I bought them from) that it is muteki monster.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also mcglsr2 I confirmed on the rallysport site (not who I bought them from) that it is muteki monster.

Alright, that makes me feel better that they aren't some crazy eBay unknown brand. Also, pics of Titanium when they show up, I may have to swap over to those ;)

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, that makes me feel better that they aren't some crazy eBay unknown brand. Also, pics of Titanium when they show up, I may have to swap over to those ;)

For sure. They'll probably take awhile though. Was hoping the Alberta warehouse would gave them, but looks like they just got shipped from Philly. Whenever i get stuff from that side of the country it always takes super long....

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For sure. They'll probably take awhile though. Was hoping the Alberta warehouse would gave them, but looks like they just got shipped from Philly. Whenever i get stuff from that side of the country it always takes super long....

You just need to add a note to the shipping label: "Free Beer for Expedited Shipping." Done and done.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You just need to add a note to the shipping label: "Free Beer for Expedited Shipping." Done and done.
holy balls.
I stand corrected... DHL don't mess around. Looks like the lugs got home before I did. Best $8 shipping I've ever paid for...

chris91

Reaction score
I demand pics! I need something out of the ordinary for mine to break up all this black.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ugly little acorns that only come in chrome, black, red, blue. I dunno, I wanted something nicer.

Got some nice ones on the way, cost a damn fortune especially with the $ conversion rate...

I'll have to contact you in the spring about them. I'd like to get some nicer ones for the mustang and my truck.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I demand pics! I need something out of the ordinary for mine to break up all this black.

I'll have to contact you in the spring about them. I'd like to get some nicer ones for the mustang and my truck.

Done and done. If they're not home when I get there tonighr., they should be early next week.

I won't be able to road test them (well they'll obviously work as lugs, I just mean my opinion on finish) until like May. #BecauseCanada

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Done and done. If they're not home when I get there tonighr., they should be early next week.

I won't be able to road test them (well they'll obviously work as lugs, I just mean my opinion on finish) until like May. #BecauseCanada

No worries, I won't be getting them until at least that time anyways.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ferocious, why no impact?

If they are aluminium it will easily strip off the coating, especially if they are not anodized. My gold ones are already starting to flake a tad and I've never used an impact wrench. It's best to be careful with colored lug nuts if you want to retain the nice sparkly finish.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
O I thought it was in reference to the titanium lol. I was like "uhh....wtf is an impact gonna do?" besides the finish, which I understand haha

Wichers123

Reaction score
O I thought it was in reference to the titanium lol. I was like "uhh....wtf is an impact gonna do?" besides the finish, which I understand haha
You do know titanium is not really that strong? It's hard a shit to bend but has no shear factor ever. I can see the threads being pulled on titanium lugs easily with over tightening.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You do know titanium is not really that strong? It's hard a shit to bend but has no shear factor ever. I can see the threads being pulled on titanium lugs easily with over tightening.

First off these lugs just have a "titanium finish", I'm not even sure if it is Ti.

But... Titanium is actually incredibly strong especially for its weight. Its ratio is better than aluminum but not as good as magnesium. It should be pretty hard too. The downfall for its strength is its not tough, so it doesn't handle impact very good. Its also expensive.

I'd have to figure out how it would handle shear in the bolt/nut situation. But with a shear test it would do poorly since it is impact shear.

I don't remember it being ductile, I thought it was more on the brittle. I'm pretty sure since strength and ductility are often inversely related. But I'd have to look that one up again . Materials has been my favorite engineering class :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online