Lurker, or is that stalker???

trebor3170

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker, anytime I had a question, I just did a google search, and found out what I needed on a forum somewhere, so I never felt I needed to join one. Then I found this one:p.
A bit about myself, I'm not going to tell you my age, you do the math. I was 6 when the Mustang first came out, one of the cereal brands, I don't remember which, had little model mustangs as an in box premium, mom went nuts buying this cereal, because I wanted all the variations that were available, and have wanted a Mustang ever since.
My first car was a 1963 Galaxie 500 4 door sedan, talk about a boat, but when it was time to go somewhere, all my friends that had Mustangs, Camaros, and Dart sports, rode with me, 3 friends and a cooler in the back seat, whoo hoo, or out with the girl friend, who needed a back seat:rolleyes:.
I finally purchased my first Mustang in 2001, when I bought a 95 GT, Dark Tourmaline Poly, about 105,000 miles, I still have it, looking close to 180,000 now but still runs great (Castrol Syntec ever since I bought it, (person I bought it from claimed he also used synthetic oil).
Front end has been rebuilt, Summit Racing lowering springs, KYB struts, new control arms, hubs, rotors, sway bar end links, Maximum Motorsports CC plates, J&M lower control arms in the rear, yea, I need to replace the uppers, kyb shocks. Bilstein shocks & struts waiting to be installed, have everything needed to upgrade the front brakes to cobras. Drivetrain is completely stock, 3.55 rear gears, 5 spd T-5. Interior redone, went from black & tan, to black & gray, custom rear seat delete, (the back folds down, so I have full use of the trunk), Corbeau gray cloth seats, nice seats, but the fabric sucks, I'll re-upholstery them some time in the near future. Seriously needs paint, who knows when that will happen, got a $2300 estimate from Maaco:eek:, ouch.

laramik

Reaction score
What an awesome intro man!! Thanks and I felt nostalgic reading that and I'm only 40, owning American muscle sure had that universal appeal. That's awesome. Glad you're here and welcome!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
trebor3170

trebor3170

Reaction score
laramik, thanks, and did you check out my latest post to your Metra double din radio bezel thread, some tips on what not to do:rolleyes:

laramik

Reaction score
I did actually. Didn't realize it was you but super cool. Thank you sir!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker, anytime I had a question, I just did a google search, and found out what I needed on a forum somewhere, so I never felt I needed to join one. Then I found this one:p.
A bit about myself, I'm not going to tell you my age, you do the math. I was 6 when the Mustang first came out, one of the cereal brands, I don't remember which, had little model mustangs as an in box premium, mom went nuts buying this cereal, because I wanted all the variations that were available, and have wanted a Mustang ever since.
My first car was a 1963 Galaxie 500 4 door sedan, talk about a boat, but when it was time to go somewhere, all my friends that had Mustangs, Camaros, and Dart sports, rode with me, 3 friends and a cooler in the back seat, whoo hoo, or out with the girl friend, who needed a back seat:rolleyes:.
I finally purchased my first Mustang in 2001, when I bought a 95 GT, Dark Tourmaline Poly, about 105,000 miles, I still have it, looking close to 180,000 now but still runs great (Castrol Syntec ever since I bought it, (person I bought it from claimed he also used synthetic oil).
Front end has been rebuilt, Summit Racing lowering springs, KYB struts, new control arms, hubs, rotors, sway bar end links, Maximum Motorsports CC plates, J&M lower control arms in the rear, yea, I need to replace the uppers, kyb shocks. Bilstein shocks & struts waiting to be installed, have everything needed to upgrade the front brakes to cobras. Drivetrain is completely stock, 3.55 rear gears, 5 spd T-5. Interior redone, went from black & tan, to black & gray, custom rear seat delete, (the back folds down, so I have full use of the trunk), Corbeau gray cloth seats, nice seats, but the fabric sucks, I'll re-upholstery them some time in the near future. Seriously needs paint, who knows when that will happen, got a $2300 estimate from Maaco:eek:, ouch.

Welcome to the site! Got any pics of your stang, or even the galaxie!

OP
OP
trebor3170

trebor3170

Reaction score
Sorry, no pics, I might have a pic or two of the Galaxie, but who knows where they might be, it was just a bone stock '63 500 4dr sedan, black, right down to the dog dish hubcaps anyway. The Stang, well that's a whole 'nother story, with peeling clear coat and worn paint, you really don't want to see it, looks ok in the rain though:rolleyes:

PinkieT

Reaction score
Nice intro! Welcome to the herd. I was 8 when the Mustangs first came out... still young at heart, tho. Instead of building 1/24 scale plastic models like when I was a kid, I play with 1/1 scale metal toys. :)

driftin

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Can't wait to hear more and see about your rigs. Enjoy the community

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online