M/W injection guys come on in.....

S

scarface

What Nozzle are you using ? I use the SMC progressive spray MAP setup. It came with a 10 GPH cone nozzle, but my tuner (ed clark) said that was WAAAAYYYYY too big. He says that is becuase it was a generic alky injection kit mostly used for WRX's and GN's who need the large amount of spray to make up for the lack of fuel. It was indeed too large when he went to tune, and I had to cut it off :(

He had me buy a 1 and a 2 GPH nozzle for my next tune. (this is what he uses on the same kit making 500+ whp)

I was just curious what the snow kits come with or any others for that matter.

OP
OP
S

scarface

You guys suck! get with the times folk..Meth is the new cam2 :)

:) :) :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sorry bro...... :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: we can talk about the 93 I put in the Cobra today if you want ;D

OP
OP
S

scarface

Snakebit said:
Sorry bro...... :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: we can talk about the 93 I put in the Cobra today if you want ;D
Cool...was it expensive? Its like 2.40+ a gal for 93 here.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
Cool...was it expensive? Its like 2.40+ a gal for 93 here.

Damn I cant understand that ??? NC has one of the highest state taxes on gas in the counrty and our Super ( 93 ) is still 2.25 a gallon. Its 15c higher up north :-\?

OP
OP
S

scarface

YEah they are a bunch of gas weasels here....they mark it up to what they want, when they want.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That should give you a nice boost in power.
Sorry, I dont know the details of how it works.

How soon?

OP
OP
S

scarface

How soon for what? THe tune? Not sure prolly around the first of the year. I could do it sooner, but I am going to spend my money on Truubles wheels.

I gained 75 whp in my Sti with this same kit.

Im excited. I made 385 at 8 psi, I now run 12psi and alky :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How soon to do the WMI.

Sounds like a good gain. Have fun.
Your car will look mean with the Drags on there. ;D

OP
OP
S

scarface

I have it on the car now :) I get a little detonation about 10 psi, so I just cut it on to richen up the AF. It mostly bog after that though.

98vortech

Reaction score
you get 3 nozzles one for power up to 350, one for 450 and another for 450 plus..

94twinscrew

Reaction score
$2.25?!...crap,I pay $2.69 here in Ct :'(

I run a snow kit,with 18psi of boost,and I use the larger 625ml nozzel

If you are still running into detonation,i would really start to consider getting a retune....and you shouldn't bog when the meth sprays......polar opposite actually. You would benefit more if you swapped over to a better kit,that didnt quench your burn all the time.

OP
OP
S

scarface

94twinscrew said:
$2.25?!...crap,I pay $2.69 here in Ct :'(

I run a snow kit,with 18psi of boost,and I use the larger 625ml nozzel

If you are still running into detonation,i would really start to consider getting a retune....and you shouldn't bog when the meth sprays......polar opposite actually. You would benefit more if you swapped over to a better kit,that didnt quench your burn all the time.
I apriciate your post however I dont think you read my post very well.

When the car isnt tuned for the meth it WILL bog. The car goes Pig rich. That was the problem. THe kit is one of the best on the market, it just has interchangable cone nozzels for the spray amount. Being that I used this kit on my Sti, and Ran denatured alky to make up for the lack of fuel, It had a huge nozzel in it.
With the appropriate nozzel and a tune done for the meth. my burn will not be quenched. I was just curious to was size the nozzels were on the snow kits.

Tornbetween2

Reaction score
Call up summit they may know.

Gas for 93* is $2.03 right now. to bad there is snow on the ground and i dont drive the mustang in the winter.

OP
OP
S

scarface

nah, no biggey. I bought 2 new nozzels...I was just curious.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you think your NPI stuff has something to do with the bogging down at higher rpm's??

OP
OP
S

scarface

nah, you can see it bog on the dyno exactly when the alky starts spraying...without it I pull all the way until 6100. Only thing non pi is my heads....cams and intake are replaced already.

OP
OP
S

scarface

like I said before, I got it straight now...I went from a 10 gal per hour to a 2....no more bogging :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online