M112 Install

Subzero

Reaction score
Okay, so I came here with a plan for a N/A setup because small things like fuel rails and hoods had discouraged me from attempting this install. In my introduction thread Orange revived all hope of a F/I roots styled blower build. I've researched these before but as previously stated the fuel rail bending/relocating and other things like that bothered me, but I have been assured they are easier than they seem.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did you check out the supercharger kit that stage3 motorsports sells?
A bit pricey but might be more straight forward.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/1F...t-P-1SC-Supercharger-wIntercooler-5-7psi.html

But if you want to m112 route...
You have a new edge, correct? That makes things much simpler.
I'd recommend you check out super six motorsports (SSM). I got my plate from them.

If you Google you'll find tons of info and write ups. Here's an example of a guy from the only guy I've met in person:
http://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1...261-99-04-m112-supercharger-installation.html

I'd definitely contact [MENTION=14887]LilRoush[/MENTION] he's probably the most knowledgeable since he's one of the fathers of this setup. I believe he even had a way to leave the fuel rail completely stock. He might take awhile to chime in though. Maybe pm him and it'll go to email?

Also [MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION] knows a good about the new edge stuff. I believe he even has plans for doing the m112 soon.

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
Did you check out the supercharger kit that stage3 motorsports sells?
A bit pricey but might be more straight forward.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/1F...t-P-1SC-Supercharger-wIntercooler-5-7psi.html

But if you want to m112 route...
You have a new edge, correct? That makes things much simpler.
I'd recommend you check out super six motorsports (SSM). I got my plate from them.

If you Google you'll find tons of info and write ups. Here's an example of a guy from the only guy I've met in person:
http://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1...261-99-04-m112-supercharger-installation.html

I'd definitely contact LilRoush he's probably the most knowledgeable since he's one of the fathers of this setup. I believe he even had a way to leave the fuel rail completely stock. He might take awhile to chime in though. Maybe pm him and it'll go to email?

Also g36 monkey knows a good about the new edge stuff. I believe he even has plans for doing the m112 soon.
Thank you! I read that install guide, but I never saw the fuel rail part and for some reason thought it was a completely different thing. So what I've come up with is this
1. Collect all needed parts for install. Adapter, fuel pump, injectors, gaskets, eaton m112 etc.
2. Get a new hood (does the cobra R hood work well with minor cutting underneath? I saw that's what you used and I was already planning on that hood)
3. Find a dyno tuner in Tulsa, Oklahoma
4. Install the supercharger and get tune
I'm shooting for around 290 horsepower mainly due to my stock rear-end, but plan later on to shoot for more boost and an 8.8 swap in the back. Does 290 sound obtainable? And would my best bet be to just PM lilroush?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Contact Lil roush about what he did with the fuel rail.

As for the hood, I had to do a lot of modding. I wouldn't really recommend it unless you're handy at that sort of stuff. We were pretty slow at doing it. [MENTION=9020]Shifty Powers[/MENTION] what is your hood again? Would it have more clearance around the pulley area?

I'm not sure what you'd make, really depends on the boost and additional mods. My aim was 300 at the wheels and I think my setup is on the safe side of things. I think if I try to push more I should do something about the tranny and go forged. Looking at over 10k worth of stuff, so for that money I'll probably go coyote swap.

I think your goal is pretty good.

There are people that have pushed into 500hp for relatively cheap, but I wouldn't consider those very safe setups.

How are you planning on cooling? Meth?

Is this your daily car? Or do you have a secondary car?

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
This is my exact hood

http://www.bossincstyle.com/bjr98.html
"The Boss Cobra R hood (2000 Style) is a 3" Cowl Hood that incorporates true Cowl-Induction cooling in its design. The extra width of the cowl provides room for the largest of Fuel injected 351 engine combinations. It features a fully finished underside and weighs in at only 22 lbs."

It hits my upper intake slightly(just the back). And I think it rubbed a bit on det_riots(but I think he has an intake spacer or aftermarket upper on his 5.0). So I think with a v6, even with a roots blower will be fine.

Awesome quality, obviously it takes some prep as does any hood. But it is actually functional. I love it

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
Orange - It is my current daily but my truck is on standby, I just got done with a disc brake conversion for it, biggest thing I've ever done to a vehicle. Heck, 250 to the wheels would make my day even! And a methanol injection ran from the windshield wiper fluid reservoir was my plan (Sound familiar? :grin:)

Shifty - Is your setup a M112 as well? I'm not doubting anyone's knowledge, just making sure.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Shifty's isnt a v6. He has a 2000 cobra R style like me but from a different manufacturer. He has a bigger cowl so I think it would be better clearance. Probably still have issues at the back though...

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
Shifty's isnt a v6. He has a 2000 cobra R style like me but from a different manufacturer. He has a bigger cowl so I think it would be better clearance. Probably still have issues at the back though...
I'm definitely comfortable cutting the hood if needed, it doesn't really phase me as much as the fuel rails did, the big thing with the rails was since the name made it sound extremely important I imagined some big metal rail (think miniature rail road rail) that I would have to hammer out of the way to get the adapter to sit.
I'm planing on using a mysteed adapter, would that help with clearance at all?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I haven't heard much about mysteed, lil roush might have a better knowledge of other products on the market.

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I haven't heard much about mysteed, lil roush might have a better knowledge of other products on the market.
Thank you for your continued help! I've contacted lilroush about the aforementioned products and questions.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I have a 4v... So just the very back of my upper intake and somethign else hits it.. I just need to grind them down a bit more and it will not have any issues

you should be ok

LilRoush

Reaction score
Ok, I saw your PM and replied...but after seeing the two threads I'll toss out some more info to help you out.

I thought you had the MySteed boxed upper intake already. Nathan is no longer making them to my knowledge.
There are some questions about the set up that can't be answered directly.

Which hood you need to cover it will depend on which boxed upper intake you buy. There are two points it may hit...the pulley and the plenum elbow. Mine is the lowest profile and fits under the ABC Exclusive 2000R hood, but I had to trim the back edge (along the firewall) to clear the plenum elbow. It cleared the stock Cobra blower pulley, but it was tight. Some companies hoods don't rise quickly enough, so they will hit the pulley. I do not make the intakes anymore, so you'd have to find a used one. I know they change hands from time to time, and I've lost track of who has them now. The SSM version of mine is a little taller and has shown higher IATs. I know they released a short version, but I haven't talked to anyone who runs it so far.
Morana claims to make one. It has never been on a motor or proven to run and just by looking at it I can tell you it's not something I'd put on a motor.

For fuel rail, a proper M112 intake will use the stock rail without any modification.

If you need, I can set you up with a tuner in Tulsa. If not, I have delt with several in Dallas (in person) for the V6 M112 tuning.
HPP in Lewisville did Rico's silver '99 (it was a Mach 1 look-a-like with one of the first set ups I sold to the public).

Be aware: There are SEVERAL knock off versions that were home made copies. They are usually not of good quality or proper design and my destroy your motor due to improper materials, poor airflow (uneven to the cylinders - so it can't be tuned properly) or they will create an over and spike your IATs. Only buy an intake from SSM (new or used) or one of my old ones. Ortiz Performance out in Texas has been authorized to create intakes with my design. They just started making them to meet the renewed demand for them.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I believe my SSM one was suppose to be the shorter version. Doesn't seem very short lol.

I believe SSM has been working on an intercooled one...?

OP
OP
S

Subzero

Reaction score
Ok, I saw your PM and replied...but after seeing the two threads I'll toss out some more info to help you out.

I thought you had the MySteed boxed upper intake already. Nathan is no longer making them to my knowledge.
There are some questions about the set up that can't be answered directly.

Which hood you need to cover it will depend on which boxed upper intake you buy. There are two points it may hit...the pulley and the plenum elbow. Mine is the lowest profile and fits under the ABC Exclusive 2000R hood, but I had to trim the back edge (along the firewall) to clear the plenum elbow. It cleared the stock Cobra blower pulley, but it was tight. Some companies hoods don't rise quickly enough, so they will hit the pulley. I do not make the intakes anymore, so you'd have to find a used one. I know they change hands from time to time, and I've lost track of who has them now. The SSM version of mine is a little taller and has shown higher IATs. I know they released a short version, but I haven't talked to anyone who runs it so far.
Morana claims to make one. It has never been on a motor or proven to run and just by looking at it I can tell you it's not something I'd put on a motor.

For fuel rail, a proper M112 intake will use the stock rail without any modification.

If you need, I can set you up with a tuner in Tulsa. If not, I have delt with several in Dallas (in person) for the V6 M112 tuning.
HPP in Lewisville did Rico's silver '99 (it was a Mach 1 look-a-like with one of the first set ups I sold to the public).

Be aware: There are SEVERAL knock off versions that were home made copies. They are usually not of good quality or proper design and my destroy your motor due to improper materials, poor airflow (uneven to the cylinders - so it can't be tuned properly) or they will create an over and spike your IATs. Only buy an intake from SSM (new or used) or one of my old ones. Ortiz Performance out in Texas has been authorized to create intakes with my design. They just started making them to meet the renewed demand for them.
I just got off the phone with Ortiz Performance and they are set to test their first plate in two weeks based off your design, and was told to call back around that time. I'm also looking at the ABC hood with the louvers cut out in the back, is that the hood that will fit? (2000r hood 2.5 rise)
Thank you for your help!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got a 95R cowl for $85 in carbon fiber, I hope it clears it, if not, chop chop, I'll have a pulley showing haha

LilRoush

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Ortiz Performance and they are set to test their first plate in two weeks based off your design, and was told to call back around that time. I'm also looking at the ABC hood with the louvers cut out in the back, is that the hood that will fit? (2000r hood 2.5 rise)
Thank you for your help!

My hood was the 2.5" ABC Exclusive hood and it cleared my set up.

Rippin6Gears

Reaction score
I did my build on my old old mustang in 04, one of the first.... Miss my 01, but used a carbon cobra r hood and had to trim. Pull up some pics from the archives.

frontside.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online