M90 Question

W

WODY281

Hey guys just looking thru ebay and noticed alot of m90 s/c's. What kinda power gains do v6's typically see with this set up. My buddy has a v6 and was wanting to do this upgrade, but was wondering what kinda power it would make with it. Other than exhaust its bone stock! He's wantin to get it to run with gt's but I just don't have a clue about 6ers. :dunno: Yall let me know what you think...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
prob around 90 HP, and what it would take to fit the motor and mod the fuel system - I'm not sure.

but you would get the nice torque kick any rpm, and that is really nice for street driving.

95mustangsc

Reaction score
I am brand new to this site but I have done the top end swap on my 95 and i have to tell you the people on the 3.8 forums dont know what there talking about they do engine swaps not top end swaps and then you can check sccoa.com which is super coupe club of america and my username is the same on that as it is here. I blew my headgasket running that system because i did not prepare my heads and gaskets for the system. And now my block is rusted out because i did not get to fix it in time. But i am selling my supercharger kit if your interested i dont have the money to buy a new block and my 6 had 160,000 miles on it before the kit lol. but i have everything you need if your interested or have any questions dont hesitate to ask and DONT TRUST EBAY KITS thats where i bought my complete kit and had to spend an extra 1200 dollars to make it complete. if you want pics or what not let me know but if your interested in buying an actuall kit let me know and by the way i was smoking gts and cobras with it 15lbs of boost from the m90.

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I don't understand your post at all?

You did a top end swap only and you motor got fucked up. And then you say the 3.8 guys don't know what they are talking about because they do engine swaps?

We do engine swaps because we know what we're doing.

Greggerex

Reaction score
My Stang got the top end swap - what a pain in the hole.

Still working out the kinks - the latest being that the used 30# injectors I got with the M-90 aren't flowing properly. Got some brand new Ford Bosch 36#-ers in this week that hopefully will fix things up for me.

If you do the top end swap make sure you have another car to drive. :slap:

As usual, I will post a link to the parts I used: http://www.freeshells.ch/~gregb/Mustang/Mustang_M90.htm

And the log of the build which includes crap-gone-wrong: http://www.freeshells.ch/~gregb/Mustang/SC_Log.html

Have fun.

Greggerex

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Nice car Greg... Just wanted to say that....

Thanks man - I get a lot of compliments around town... but there's not a lot that's special around here. Hard to find a good looking car with some performance work done... mostly fart-canners if anything.

8)

Doc_G

Reaction score
95mustangsc said:

I am brand new to this site but I have done the top end swap on my 95 and i have to tell you the people on the 3.8 forums dont know what there talking about they do engine swaps not top end swaps and then you can check sccoa.com which is super coupe club of america and my username is the same on that as it is here. I blew my headgasket running that system because i did not prepare my heads and gaskets for the system.
And now my block is rusted out because i did not get to fix it in time. But i am selling my supercharger kit if your interested i dont have the money to buy a new block and my 6 had 160,000 miles on it before the kit lol. but i have everything you need if your interested or have any questions dont hesitate to ask and DONT TRUST EBAY KITS thats where i bought my complete kit and had to spend an extra 1200 dollars to make it complete. if you want pics or what not let me know but if your interested in buying an actuall kit let me know and by the way i was smoking gts and cobras with it 15lbs of boost from the m90.

First of all ... allow me to be the first to call you a tool... Not to start a forum war or anything of the sort.. but I kind of consider 3.8 my "home" on the net as far as mustang info is concerned. I come here and get some info as well, but 3.8 was the first site I found pertaining to the v6 mustang and it has been very good to me and given me a wealth of info that I could find nowhere else. Had you gone there and simply performed a search in the proper section (the poweradder section) a plethora of posts would have been on your screen concerning both the top end swap AND the complete engine swap. Don't believe me? Allow me to demonstrate:

Assuming you are just doing the swap onto your stock short block, you MUST upgrade the injectors and fuel pump. You MUST have dual exhaust at a minimal, or you greatly increase the chance of head gasket failure. The 94-95 V6 mustangs are a little easier to swap because the 96-98 changed a few things. The 94-95, however, should definitely consider using the supercoupe heads. The valvesprings are stronger, it flows a little better, but most importantly, it has improved cooling passages which greatly decreased head gasket failure (95 stangs had a recall). The supercoupes had head gasket problems as well, but this can be attributed to their stock exhaust system. It was terribly designed with a 90 degree bend and poor flowing parts... which netted an end result of 15psi of backpressure. Thankfully, a simple GT take off system will due for our cars, and we basically have shorty headers straight from the factory (as opposed to the SC's log style manifolds). Other than fuel and exhaust, we need a tune to go along with it after everything is assembled. These are the only NECESSARY factors; cam, rear end, high stall, clutch, etc will simply compliment the setup. Obviously, with an engine of this power, stock parts are more likely to break. If you have the ability to upgrade things while you’re in there, do it. Preventative maintenance is a good thing.

the above was taken from the very first sticky in the poweradders section:
Questions about the M90 SC? Come here first

a simple search of the words eaton m90 returned 500 posts, some more informative than others, and some not at all. There are several posts by Jamie (V6_Sprout) and others on the subject, there are even links to other sites containing EVEN MORE info.
Confucius Say: One must search for the information one seeks, if one doesnt, one shouldn't blame anyone but one's self. It is tantamount to blaming the lighter for the fire burning your hand.

There are some folks over at 3.8 that exist there solely to flame and belittle others if those others dont conform or mod their cars according to the norm. But I've experienced that on every forum I've visited. It doesn't happen much here due in large part to the great moderating team on this site. That being said Taylor, 700hp v6, mat@delk, Tom_Y and MANY MANY others over there can and are willing to answer anyone's questions reguarding technical information.

So as I said... Just because you didn't properly search for the information, which was pretty much posted in the FIRST STICKY ON THE POWERADDERS SECTION.. dont blame 3.8 because searching > U. Ok pumpkin. TA TA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online