MAC Ceramic Coating

lutter94

Reaction score
Not very impressed. My long tubes (ceramic from MAC) have the coating flaking off in sheets. Didn't take any pics last time I was home but will next time. The headers are about 3 years old to the day. Anyone else have coating issues?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Thats why I didn't buy ceramic. Extra money and the coating eventually goes away, could be a MAC thing idk about BBK. My MAC chrome LT's are holding up pretty well despite a heavy snow oriented winter and tons of salt. Are you taking the longtubes off to swap the T5 in? If so just get some header wrap and be done with it.

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
No, I didn't even unbolt them. Don't ask how I got the auto out......lol. Just noticed it when I was under there. The long tubes have seen some snow too, doesn't help much.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
No, I didn't even unbolt them. Don't ask how I got the auto out......lol. Just noticed it when I was under there. The long tubes have seen some snow too, doesn't help much.

Thats good to know for when I swap mine out for a T5 haha. Mine have seen a ton of snow and salt.. But I hosed the undercarriage off pretty often despite sub 10 degree weather

nightfire

Reaction score
That sucks. I got their chrome LT's and had them coated locally. Still running strong (also about 3 years)

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
A friend of mine got them for his Mach and about 4 months ago and the same thing is happening; but much sooner than expected.
I don't understand the big deal though, they are under the car where nobody can see them? At least on Cobras since the heads are big and you can't see around them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010