mac ever fix problems with headers

spank 141

Reaction score
Just was wondering if mac fixed their problems with the slag? Can only find old posts on it. I have some on order was deleting the egr so I didnt have to worry about slag getting in motor. But they are on back order and its still going to be 2 weeks was thinking about switching to something else tired of waiting.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
My friend put a set on his mach and they looked awesome, no welding splatters anywhere and no defects. Only thing negative was that the ceramic coating came off within months.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
slag? I've had my mac chrome 1-5/8'' longtubes on my 95 for close to a year, through a rough NY winter. They're fine

OP
OP
S

spank 141

Reaction score
A few years ago the welding was bad and would come off and get into the egr system into intake and ruin motors. It might have only been a problem with 4v motors.

OP
OP
S

spank 141

Reaction score
A few years ago the welding was bad and would come off and get into the egr system into intake and ruin motors. It might have only been a problem with 4v motors.

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
That problem was years ago, the current headers are good to go.

OP
OP
S

spank 141

Reaction score
I ended up with a pair of 03-04 cobra ceramic coated MAC headers. I deleted the EGR and only had one plug to put on instead of two. They were the only headers I could find in all of so-cal that were still new. I drove over to Mac themselves and picked them up. Dude at the front desk was pretty cool. They fit awesome and look really good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online